Mattresses - Does the DR have bed in a box?

Does the DR have bed in a box brands like Casper or Puffy or any other brands?  woyld we have to order them from the states to get shipped?  where do most people setting up their vacation home shop for mattresses?

Thanks!

Tracy

Neither of those is here.  Mattress are readily available here.

@tracystonehouse

We bought ours from IKEA. I ordered online from US, to IKEA in Santiago. Then we hired a delivery service (Damon's) to pick up and bring to Sosua.

There are a couple good, local places too. I think @UncleBuck used one of them.

PriceSmart also has some good mattresses, but we ended up buying two at Ikea. For our bed, we brought our Select Comfort bed in our container.

Pricesmart got good prices for mattresses but they are all old discontinued mattress. They haven't updated there mattresses to new one in a while. Pretty sure they are still selling mattresses from 20-21 lol.

Plaza lama sells mattresses also , not sure of the price or how often they rotate inventory but the one in PP has them

There are many mattresses I supply for the Sosua/Cabarete area, but not the "bed in a box" kind like Casper or Leesa.  I do offer a bunch of price-points, but message me for more details.  My supplier did offer a foam mattress, but it was quite expensive, and as of the last price list, it is no longer being offered.  Ikea here does carry the foam ones, though.

Remember  Ikea mattresses are longer than a standard  bed frame.

@planner True! we bought ours for Ikea beds!