Redirecting Mail

Does Hungary offer a mail forwarding services.  Basically the mail received in Budapest can be redirected to the US.  Any information on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Does Hungary offer a mail forwarding services.  Basically the mail received in Budapest can be redirected to the US.  Any information on this would be much appreciated.Thank you!        -@carleski222

I don't think i'd rely on the Post Office.   

When I first came to Hungary, I used secretarial services at serviced offices in Germany and that worked OK but it cost quite a bit of money to do it.

Kind of like Mail Boxes Etc.

There seems to be. try www.posta.hu/receiving_mail/redirecting

@stumpy   Thank you for your reply.  I have been looking at the redirecting service at Magyar Posta, but when I go to the post office the employee there says they don't have that service.  I will maybe try and call or email them if I can locate a contact number or email.

@fluffy2560   Would you happen to have contact information on the secretarial service you used?  Also, did they scan your mail and send it to you electronically, or did they just pick up your mail and mail you a package containing unopened mail?  Any leads to how to find this service would be so helpful.  Thank you so much for your reply.

@fluffy2560   Would you happen to have contact information on the secretarial service you used?  Also, did they scan your mail and send it to you electronically, or did they just pick up your mail and mail you a package containing unopened mail?  Any leads to how to find this service would be so helpful.  Thank you so much for your reply.        -@carleski222

The one I used in Germany I no longer have the details of.   I was using a company called Business Umbrella in Budapest but they seem to disappeared.  Maybe someone knows if they still exist.

in HU, you could try  helpers.hu as they say on their web site they will do it.  I didn't find them that helpful as they want to do "big jobs" that pay and not lower cost day-to-day office work.  They refused to help me on a minor public admin issue.  They wanted to get me a work and residence permit but I've already got those.

At the time I was using these services (1990s), they forwarded mail every month without scanning it. 

Thank you so much.  You have been very helpful.

If they do have such a service, it's news to me.

We always have to get a neighbor to collect our mail when we leave HUngary.

We asked at the post office over the years and they don't or didn't offer such a service.

We are lucky to even have it delivered at all.

So many times I am sent a tiny package from the US that will not fit in the mail box on delivery and I never get even a note to go into the post and collect it.

Just this morning I checked my spam mail. I never check it very often.

Only 3 messages there.

2 for free flu shots and one frm GLS delivery services.

Someone sent me a package a month ago!

Never any effort on their part to redeliver it or leave me a note to expect a delivery.

Will have my husband call them in the morning but I bet they have already sent it back to sender.

My SIL I think sent it without telling me to expect anything.

My brother passed and I think she sent me some momentos or photos of him.

I'm very mad, they even had the nerve on the message that I owe them like 500 forints!

If they do have such a service, it's news to me.We always have to get a neighbor to collect our mail when we leave HUngary.We asked at the post office over the years and they don't or didn't offer such a service.We are lucky to even have it delivered at all.So many times I am sent a tiny package from the US that will not fit in the mail box on delivery and I never get even a note to go into the post and collect it.Just this morning I checked my spam mail. I never check it very often.Only 3 messages there.2 for free flu shots and one frm GLS delivery services.Someone sent me a package a month ago!Never any effort on their part to redeliver it or leave me a note to expect a delivery.Will have my husband call them in the morning but I bet they have already sent it back to sender.My SIL I think sent it without telling me to expect anything.My brother passed and I think she sent me some momentos or photos of him.I'm very mad, they even had the nerve on the message that I owe them like 500 forints!        -@Marilyn Tassy

We've had couriers just throw stuff into the garden.  Presumably they just forge the signature if it was required.  A lot of them are (at least in the UK) self-employed so it's a bit like taxi driving.  They get a very small amount per package and don't want to hang about as they need to get through something like 200 packages a day. That's how they make a living wage.  I personally like the collection box method.  Then one can just pick stuff up any time, 24x7. 

Post Office has to be the worst offender.   They can make the effort to deliver a paper to say there's a package at the post office for collection.  It wasn't like that before. It was Post Office to the recipient's door - all in with the cost of a stamp.   HU Post Office only seem to want to deliver letters these days.  Most of those aren't really necessary anyway - they could just e-mail if it's a bill or some other information.   

Well we were about to contact GLS this morning re read the message, they used the heading  GlS not GLS, I noticed that's not correct.

They also wanted to charge over 500 forints per day not a one time thing!

After nearly 30 days, forget it.

We think it's some scammer. But what could the scam be? IDK. I guess it's a case of having to be one to know one!

The message was written in Hungarian so I had to have my busy husband read it for me.

His mind wasn't on it yesterday it seems since he read it all wrong.

I agree though the HU post is the WORST.

I used to send myself packages from the US, stopped when they took over 5 months for delivery and probably never would of contacted me if we hadn't run to every main post office in town and put in a complaint and wanted to file an insurance claim. Out of the blue it was found in the Netherlands!! OK, totally logical...I tell everyone to not mail me anything because the odds are i'll never get it.

Last mix up my stubborn cousin in Conn. mailed me a pair of homemade potholders. No idea why she did that, just a women with to much time and money on her hands...

They never put a notice in my box to go in and get the package. They sent it back to her.

She put more postage on it and mailed them out again.

I had to pay a $10. customs fee ontop of what she spent on pstage for a pair of silly child looking potholders.

I really don't remember hw we knew they arrived, think we went in and they dug them up, I know we never got a noticed even with the second round of mailing them.

It is the thought that counts? No, we asked her to not bother mailing me anything again.

The most expensive and useless pot holders I ever had!