S Pass to E Pass

My friend have relocated to Singapore 1.5 months ago with S Pass. After joining he heard from collegues that company is not paying salary for last 3 months. Also my friend is not getting paid his full salary. Almost all people of the company reigned. His current company don't want him to resign but he can't survive without salary.

Beside he got a offer from other company as software engineer they can apply fo e pass. Can anyone help me to find out following information?

1. Is there any penalty of cancelling current pass in  just 2 months?

2. Will it affect new e pass application because his pass issued 1.5 months ago?

3. Is there any restrictions about changing job within 2 months?

There are no restrictions regarding changing jobs after a short time. MoM dislikes job-hoppers, but a first change is normally seen as o.k. - especially if it is for good reasons (as in your friend's case - he should definitely mention that in the application and possibly lodge a complaint against the old employer with MoM).

@beppi how he can mention in new application? Since he got the job with new company he also don't want to complain about his current company. Also he is concerned about his salary bump as well. His previous salary was 3500 and current offered salary is 6300 also he is currently S Pass and new company will apply E Pass. Can you suggest what he should do in such case. Some local employee already complained to MOM about not paying the salary.

So he already has a new and much better job offer and doesn't want to do anything about the bad treatment by the old one? Well, then I guess he won't do anything!

@beppi

Yes he already got new job. As MOM already aware of salary problem reported by local employee. He actually don't want any trouble. Will it impact his new E Pass application? If it helps on new application he can inform MOM as well. Please suggest what he should do?

He should decide for himself, what he wants to do and which risks to take. The matter is too uncertain to advice further!

@beppi

Can new company apply E pass without canceling the current S Pass?

@Jobaer Hossain Apply yes, but getting it issued not.

@beppi

Can you please help me to provide information about below situation?

When his current company applied S Pass they declared his work experience as 3 years most probably to give him lower salary but his actual work experience was 5 years+. So if new EP application indicate his work experience 5 years+ will it be issue? Because new role is more senior role. If it is issue what is the solution for it? Can he update experience on his current role?

@Jobaer Hossain Inconsistent data is a problem and frequently leads to rejection. He shouldlodge a complaint with MoM about the old employer's illegal practices,  be prepared to show sufficient proof (in writing) that he gave the employer the correct information and thus it was them who submitted incoorect ones. And he should let future employers submit only applications with complete and correct information. The first application will likely raise questions and take longer because of this.

@beppi

Can his current company update his work experience at this stage by acknowledge it as mistake? If yes what is the procedure to do that?  Also what if new EP application submitted with correct information because he have appointment email of his previous employments as prove

@beppi

Also how can he know what work experience was put into his current issued s pass application? I believe there is now way to know what they actually put during the application from employee side? Also as far he know his total experience was declared as 3 years 0 month when applied 6 months ago. So now his new role advertised on mycareerfuture with 4 years experienced. So his experience according to declaration is 3 years 6 month. Will it be issue for Fair Consideration Framework (FCF) for 6 months less ? Because the job post doesn't have applicants at all.

You are asking too many questions, which I cannot answer. Here are just some hints:

Can his current company update his work experience at this stage by acknowledge it as mistake?

I guess they can. But they might not want to, because they can be fined.

Also how can he know what work experience was put into his current issued s pass application?

Ask the employer who submitted the application!

For all the other questions: Ask MoM!