Moving to Malaysia as a couple

Hello, i would appreciate your responses.

we're an american-lebanese couple thinking about moving to Malaysia to start a new life there, new adventure. What should we be aware, and what can you tell us about the cost of living, opportunities there, knowing that we work in digital field ( marketing, designing..) and can possibly teach English and Arabic too. so what advices and information do you have for us?

@rossoltaleb02

hello Rosso,

I am an American/ Lebanese too and moved to Malaysia over a year ago on MM2h visa. Although I have worked in Malaysia many years ago and have friends here whom I went to uni. in the usa many years ago.

Back to your question, Malaysia is a friendly place and relatively cheap in food and accomodation. To work here is tough as it is competitive and depends on what kind of working permission visa you have acquired.

You can teach Arabic or English but the pay scale is not competitive.  Most of the Arabs here are from Syria, Iraq and Yemen from war torn countries as refugees etc.

I am in the F&B business so I do most of my consultant abroad and come back to reside in KL. Feel free to contact me when you are coming to KL so I can show you around. I have long time friends here since childhood. If you have further questiona, feel free to ask.

Regards

Ricardo

@recardo

thank you so so much!

once our plan is set, i will reach back to you.

take care and best of luck.

Firstly, kudos to you both for considering this thrilling move to Malaysia! It's a land of diverse cultures, vibrant experiences, and incredible opportunities. Here's a brief that could help you navigate your new adventure:

Cost of Living:

Malaysia is known for its affordable living costs, especially when compared to many Western countries. The cost of accommodation, food, and transportation is generally reasonable. Cities like Kuala Lumpur and Penang offer a variety of options to suit different budgets.

Teaching English and Arabic:

Teaching English is a sought-after skill in Malaysia, and your proficiency in Arabic could be an added bonus. Language centers and international schools are always on the lookout for qualified educators. It's a great way to immerse yourselves in the local community.

Advice :

Explore Different Areas: Malaysia offers a variety of living environments, from bustling cities to tranquil suburbs. Take the time to explore different areas and find the one that resonates with your lifestyle.

Cultural Sensitivity: Embrace the rich cultural diversity in Malaysia. People are generally warm and friendly, and understanding local customs will help you integrate seamlessly.

Consider using a smart tracking device like Lokasy as you embark on this exciting journey. It's ideal for keeping your belongings safe during your move and everyday life.

Hi from Thailand.

Anywhere we can work. Both English and Arabic are as native speaker.