New in Lisbon - Trying to meet people!

Hi !

I'm French and i arrived in Lisbon not long ago to follow my boyfriend. I love the place, but it is hard to communicate (i don't speak enough portuguese i guess) and so to get contacts. I'm starting to miss it!

So like many of you on this forum, i would like to meet new people!

If anyone is interested to have a coffee or just to chat, please let me know ! :)
I'm hoping to find many nice people on this forum !!

Hi Bakty,
As you I arrived a couple of months ago without any knowledge of Portuguese, no friends ... not even a girlfriend to follow :-)
But never mind, the Portuguese are very nice and openminded people. I find them speaking english very well (that is , those of them who had any form of igher education) and you might even encounter some who prefer to speak french.

Just talk to them, you will learn from them, as they will learn from you !That was the way I did it : buy a book to teach you the basics (Portuguese for dummies works wonders !), listen to the language (that was for me the hardest part : marrying what you hear to what is written !!! hang in !!) and speak, make errors but don't care ... If you do the effort, the portuguese forgive a lot and will help you along !
And you will see ... before you know, you will have to many friends :-)

I don't know if you are working here ... but work is where I met the most new people and some of them have become friends already !!!

If you would like to meet over coffee or a drink one evening, just let me know and we will see when and how :-)
Como voce quiser.

Até mais !

Nota : si vous préférez converser en français ... aucun souci, je me débrouille pas mal.

Salut,

Je me permets d'écrire en français ^_^, car si j'ai bien comprit vous parlez tous les deux Français!!!
Je vais arriver à Lisbonne en Décembre ou Janvier et pareil je pars seul faire un bou de chemin au Portugal car une j'ai eu une occasion sympa de V.I.E qui c'est ouverte à moi (-: .
Mon niveau d'anglais et moyen je suis capable de comprendre si la personne parle doucement mais parler ça risque d'être un peu sport vas falloir travailler(-: .
Je viens pour améliore mon anglais et peut être le Portugais.

Donc moi je suis ouverte à toute rencontre d'expat autour d'un café ou d'un verre dans cette belle capitale qui est Lisbonne.

Je serais à Lisbonne pour minimum 1 ans voir 2ans!!!

Donc si ça vous dis de garder contacte faite moi signe.^-^

Bonne continuation à vous!!!!

Hello telion!

Could you please write only in English on this Anglophone forum so that other members may understand and participate!

Thank you,
Harmonie.

Hello Harmonie,

I'am sorry, i not read the rules s-: !!!!!!
I'll know for the next answer!!!!!
Have a good day!!!!!!
And sorry again!!!!!

Hello Bakty,

I'm a Portuguese girl from Lisbon.
If you want to chat, to know more about Portugal and the portuguese people and maybe learn the language too, i'm available :)

Hi Bakty,

I am moving to Lisbon next week, and I will be brand new, not knowing anyone. I am from the US moving there for a teaching position. I would love to connect with you for coffee or something!

Kristy

Hi everyone !

I see that i'm not the only one trying to meet people !! :)

In the end I have to go back to France at the end of the week for 3 months, so i'll be back in Lisbon in January.

If in January some of you still want to meet, it could definitely be nice !! :)

Hi Bakty!

Of course, have a good trip and let us know when you return.
See you

hi..I am Ali from Turkey:I will be there for 4 days in October from 5th to 9th october... İf you will have time,, lets meet in lisbon..

Hello all!!
My name is Miguel and IŽm portuguese. I live in Lisbon, iŽm communication designer, 30 years old.
If somebody need some help or information, can contact me to this email: [email protected]
Enjoy Lisbon and the rest of Portugal, you guys have many things to visit that are very beautifull.
;)

Welcome to Expat.com garnette!

Don't forget that you may even help on the forum, so that each member may benefit from it.;)

Harmonie.:)

Hello everybody,

I'm french and I'm here since June. I'm looking for people who want to make trip around the country, or just discover Lisbon.
Cheers.

Hi tabularazad, Im angela, I would like to see Lisbon and the country too with someone, in particular I would like to visit Belem and Sintra. If you want we can go together and if somone else want to come, so enjoy it!:)

hello
i am working in Lisbon since may 2011, and looking to meet some friend , so if any one interested let me know please
thanks and best regards

Coucou comment ca va?Je m'appelle Emily, je suis bilingue.  Je n'écrire j'amais en Francais alors excuse moi pour les fautres d'autographes.  J'ai 25 ans.  Je serais au Portugal après Pacques, alors si tu veut nous pouvons nos recontres à Lisbon.  Bon courage see you soon I hope, hugs Emily XXX

Hi Emily, could you please post in English?;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Bianca shelter is teaming with Jumbo to collect food and other pet articles for the dogs and cats in our shelter. The campaign will be at Jumbo in the Commercial Center-Alegro, Av. Cavaleiros, Amadora, in Alfragide, on the 3rd and 4th of March, from 9h to 24h. You are welcome to join us in this campaign as a volunteer or to donate a bag of dog food. This is also a great way to meet people and socialize. Come on out and join us or just drop by to talk! I will be there Saturday from 9AM until I can't stand it any more... Would love to meet more people as I am reasonably new to Portugal as well.

@diverdutch- a bit off topic- i would suggest you to post in the Lisbon classifieds. If you have any questions please contact us. Thank you.

I posted this in pets but thought that it would be good here as well as I think it is a great way to meet people. It is how I met the people at Bianca, by volunteering.

Hi there everyne,

Like many of you here, i too hav just artived in Lisbon and I am looking to meet new people. I am fom NYC and I am in my early 20s.I am here working, though i have lots of free time to go out and eplore the city or perhaps get a drink in Barrio Alto. if anyone is nterested, please get in touch!!

Maggie

Hi everyone,

It's great to see lots of people in the same boat as me and a really friendly and welcoming expat network in Lisbon. I'm from England and have been living outside Córdoba for the past year but will be moving to Lisbon in a few months. I'd love to meet other expats, I speak English, French, Mandarin Chinese and Spanish so if anybody is interested in meeting up for a coffee and a chat soon, please get in touch!

Pete

hey me to trying to make some new frnds and it would be great if i can find some english speaking frnds which till now i coulndt find

Bakty,

thereŽs no problem for me to show you the real Lisbon, city of the seven Hills. :D

hi there. My name is Andruiz but you can call me drew. iŽm just newbies here. i really want to have some friends, i was almost 2 years here in lisbon but still seems i cant find time and see some friends to hang out with... hope to find someone here... thank you guys:D

YOU KNW OSGA it could be great if you just show us the CITY OF FEW FRENDS, you can have the hills :D

Osga wrote:

Bakty,

thereŽs no problem for me to show you the real Lisbon, city of the seven Hills. :D

I all,

I recommend you join "meetup" Portugal.
There are some active groups there, specially "Lisbon British expats".
You can also go to Lisbon Group of "Couchsurfing"

Alexandra

hey guys,

same here ..almost...although I have been visiting Lisbon frequently almost 15 years, I am still new because I decided to live and work from here for a year. So I moved in April. I am originally German, work as a freelancer from an office in the Santos area, 33 years old. I had the idea we organize a lunch round-table or a dinner in Bairro Alto? Let me know what you think. My email is [email protected]
Besides I love surfing, biking and hang out at the beaches between Carcavelos and Guincho most of the time...would be great to meet some of you!

Take care,

Bastian

hello every one,
i came to lisbon recently from amsterdam, i am working here, and looking for a friend to go out with drink beer, coffee , see the night life in lisbon.  i am alone here and is really boring lol...
if any one interested pls do not hesitate to contact me ahzanmalik(at)live.com i do not speak portuguese only english and some how german as well.

ahzan

hello I ve been living in Portugal for a while even if I m not from here, and I would like to meet people to practice my english.  see ya

Hello everyone, I'm french guy and I'm in Lisbon since yesterday, I want to know somethings about cars and meet people, I talk french obviously and english, and I'm learning portuguese in august.
see you

I am from Nepal and arrived in Lisbon about two months ago and i am looking to do something in Lisbon and need some nice people to help me and talk to me .

Hey everyone,
I have been here in Lisbon for about a month. Would like to make some friends. I speak English,a lil bit of french and will start learning Portuguese soon.
Would be nice to meet people.

see you

Hello everyone! :)
Im slightly new here in Lisbon. Im from Ecuador and  just got here almost 2 months ago; im studying at the ISCTE for 2 years. During this time I have only met ppl from my university but would love to meet ppl outside of it! .. have a cup of coffee, walk around, talk, laugh!... just make some new friends!
Plz hit me back if you are interested in meeting up! :)

ps. my email is: [email protected]

cheers!

andrea

pls contact me

Hi everyone,

I'm living in Lisbon since this past September. I'd like to make friends. I'm from Connecticut, USA but my parents are Ecuadorian. I speak English, Spanish and Portuguese. I'm married with a son. I'd love to meet new people.

Thanks!
Paula

@pankaj2013 - An introduction would be appreciated. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi guys,
Am just 2 months in Lisbon. Am from Lesotho/South Africa and would like to meet some people and make friends here in Portugal. If anyone wants to meet up for a cup of coffee or explore Portugal together, please don't hesitate to message me.

:)

Hi!
I've been living in Portugal for 24 years having come here from New Zealand. I love meeting new people and would love to meet up for a coffee and a chat whenever suits you. Feel free to call me any time.
My contacts: (for security reason, pls use your private msg system)
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cheers
Carla

Hi everyone!
I've been living in Portugal for 24 years having come from New Zealand and I'm always happy to meet people from other countries with different experiences, especially women. I live and work in the centre of Lisbon, so if anyone's free for a coffee and a chat  some time give me a call.
Cheers

Closed