Vasectomy for foreigners

Hi, is there anything on having a vasectomy for foreigners? I'm think of ha it done here. but might wait until I arrive in Vietnam specifically Ho Chi Minh. thank you

Keith

@Keith Hogg

Hello Keith,

Welcome on board !

Please note that you participated on an old thread from 2017. I have taken the liberty to open this new thread from your post on the Ho Chi Minh City forum so that you may receive some up-to date info.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi, is there anything on having a vasectomy for foreigners? I'm think of ha it done here. but might wait until I arrive in Vietnam specifically Ho Chi Minh. thank youKeith    -@Keith Hogg

Hello Keith Hogg.  Allow me to second Bhavna's welcome to you. Good to have you with us.

May I ask why you would wait to arrive here to have the procedure performed? Price? Recovery time?

It would be wise to remember that post-operation you would still be able to father a child for up to 3 weeks afterwards.

Again, welcome to expat.com

@Aidan in HCMC I was considering for the price mainly. But  I'm going to have the procedure here.  before I   moved to Ho Chi Minh. And thank you for the welcome 🙏

@Aidan in HCMC I was considering for the price mainly. But  I'm going to have the procedure here.  before I   moved to Ho Chi Minh. And thank you for the welcome 🙏     -@Keith Hogg

Good stuff, and I believe a wise choice. Though a not-so-complicated procedure it is still, in fact, surgery. Heaven forbid that complications occur whilst so far from home.

I notice you are subscribed to our Ho Chi Minh forum. Further topics of general interest to expats in VN can be found on the main VN forum page,found here. (Link) Feel free to jump in to any of our ongoing threads, or to open a new topic of your own for discussion as the need arises.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Hi, is there anything on having a vasectomy for foreigners? I'm think of ha it done here. but might wait until I arrive in Vietnam specifically Ho Chi Minh. thank you
Keith

-@Keith Hogg

Get a Vietnamese girlfriend.

Then cheat on her.

You'll get the Full Monty version of the surgery, free of charge...

@OceanBeach92107,  I think Keith Hogg is exploring a softer approach1f605.svg

(😉 Cheryl 😉)

OK, seriously, back in the Dark Ages (1973) when I was in Nursing school, I made a nice chunk of change on one Saturday every month as a surgical assistant for local Urologists doing vasectomies in the offices of Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood.

Yes, it's technically a "surgical" procedure, but it's one of the simplest and safest; done under minimal local anesthesia.

No reason it can't be done in a doctor's office; Urologist recommended but not really required.

The biggest problem a foreigner might face: Vietnamese physicians are not very generous with sedatives or anti-anxiety drugs, and most men bring a lot of anxiety onto the treatment table.

No reason a patient can't walk out of the doctor's office 30 minutes after the 15 minute procedure is done.

I'm sure the price is 1/10 of the cost in a foreign country...maybe even cheaper.

Maybe during one of your border runs, go to Thailand for the procedure. I hear their facilities are top notch with a large medical tourism business.

Maybe during one of your border runs, go to Thailand for the procedure. I hear their facilities are top notch with a large medical tourism business.
        -@qnbui

First border run, at 90 days, just might be around the end of the first trimester. ;)