I am teacher and my dream is to come to Vietnam

@Julien.

I'm Regan, from Ghana. I hold Bed Mathematics certificate and I have been a teacher for thirteen years now. I can handle mathematics, English and science. It's my dream to come to Vietnam but I don't know how to start, please help me

@Julien.I'm Regan, from Ghana. I hold Bed Mathematics certificate and I have been a teacher for thirteen years now. I can handle mathematics, English and science. It's my dream to come to Vietnam but I don't know how to start, please help me        -@regankyeremeh

Regan from Ghana, I worked as a teacher in Vietnam for two years. IMO, your best shot is as an English teacher. BUT, 1st, they want "native" speakers, people for whom English is their first language, and 2nd, it's vastly easier if you have a TEFL certificate (Teaching of English as a Foreign Language) which has an academic pathway on which one must tread to tick all the boxes and get the coveted certificate.

I am not an English as a Foreign Language teacher. I got hired to teach *in English* on a different subject, so that avenue is not completely out of the question. The schools that recruit foreign teachers to teach in English (to foreign children or Vietnamese children who speak English or are trying to learn English well enough to attend university overseas) do so via job fairs. ISS, (International Schools Services), UNI (University of Northern Iowa), and Search Associates hold such fairs.

Good luck!

Hello everyone and welcome on board @Regan,

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Vietnam forum so that you may better discussion your options with members.

Feel free to read the Living in Vietnam guide for expatsto gather as much info as possible and create your CV in the Jobs offers in Vietnam section for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna