English speaking muslim family wants to move to north of morocco.

Hi all,

I am planning to move to morocco in very near future and would like to get some sincere advice on schools in north of morocco i.e from kenitra, meknes, asilah, fnideq areas. My kids only speak english and need someone who can teach in english. They don't need to learn english but school must have english speaking teachers. Any Suggestions please. Many Thanks

Kind Regards,

Imtiaz

@traveller051216

Hi there,

I believe you will find what you are looking for in international schools. As advice, consider hiring Arabic teachers for them so they won't feel strange in Morocco.

Welcome to Morocco!

@traveller051216

Assalaamu alaikum, we recently purchased a flat in Meknes and are hoping to eventually relocate there.  My husband is Moroccan but didn't speak darija to them growing up 1f610.svg so we would be in a similar situation. As far as I saw, there are only two schools in the vicinity that teach in English and both are prohibitively expensive, expecially if your salary is not extremely high. 

Al Akhawayn School of Ifrane http://www.aui.ma/en/asi.html

London Private Academy- Rabat https://londonacademy.ma/

Several friends I know already living there have chosen to either homeschool their children or use a virtual school from their home country.  For learning darija, they hire a tutor. If you are from the U.S., I'd be happy to share some of the virtual schools I've researched already. Just send me a private message.

Jazak Allah for your detailed reply sister, Well i am from UK and we did live in Marrakech from 2016 to 2019 and found it really hard to find schooling for kids and unfortunately returned to UK in 2019. Now being there in country and understood a little about system and things i wouldn't move the whole family until i am satisfied with the education institute as we both know Education is Sold there in the name of Private Schools. So bi will be doing alot of research prior to any move now. Hope and pray you adjusted well there as one big plus point you have your other half's family there which makes 80% work easy.