EMAIL PROBLEM

@Julien

Hi All,

I'd visited Turkey 5 times when I moved to Istanbul for 1-3 years in 1996.

I never left. I lived in Istanbul for 17 years, and now I've lived in Datça for 1o years

with my Turkish wife.

I'm retired, but I continue as a freelance music writer (though I've also written about film), specializing in

the music of Turkey, particularly Turkish psychedelic music of the 1970s and traditional folk music.

I was part of the underground rock scene in Istanbul from the mid '90s until I left Istanbul in 2013.

I'm a voracious reader and watcher of films.

Datça is beautiful and quiet, but has grown a lot in the past 10 years.

I joined here at a friend's suggestion, as I have a big problem at the moment that I haven't been able to deal with successfully. I hope this is the proper place to ask for help. Here is my predicament:

I've got a problem. I have an email account with Yahoo that I have had for 20+ years and it has all my email connections. Yahoo email recently asked me for my passwords for that and for the authentification email account. I can't remember the passwords and can't find where I wrote them down. so far I've been going in circles with yahoo help, which hasn't helped at all. I found one Yahoo 800 number-- no one answered. There's another Yahoo 'paid premium' number at only 13 dollars a month... any ideas? My email account is essential for so many things.

Thanks

J   A   Y

I do not like yahoo at all, but with google password you can retrieve many things (providing you have your old computer)

https://support.google.com/chrome/searc … +passwords

Alternatively I think you can call the yahoo helpdesk (I am sure they have seen these challenges before)

Hi!

I have lived in Turkey fro many years, but my problem is not specific to Turkey:

I've got a problem. I have an email account with Yahoo. it recently asked me for my passwords for that and for the authentification email account. I can't remember the passwords and can't find where I wrote them down (I'm old and retired). so far I've been going in circles with yahoo help, which hasn't helped at all. I found one Yahoo 800 number-- no one answered. There's another Yahoo 'paid premium' number at only 13 dollars a month... any ideas?

My email has all of my essential contact info with people around the world.

Thanks

J   A   Y

@cdw057

I've tried. it just had me running in circles.

the only actual 'help line' costs 13 dollars a month and is only available in a few 'select' countries. Is Turkey one of

those countries. I think that it is easily fixed if I could actually talk to someone.

Ive had a yahoo account since the 90's and have had no peoblems whatsoever.

They have never emailed me and asked for my email passwords. So it sounds to me like you have foolishly been hacked

Even if younl were ti reciver your email account, you may discover that everything has been deleted.

Read this link

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/retriev … 27011.html

Perhaps I am simple, if not possible but you get 1 month subcription, copy everything (did you really not make a backup) of Yahoo into Google Mail (I trust (please refer to me as being naive)). Just after cancel Yahoo.

Just me, sorry not to like Yahoo but rather Google, in any case I made full backs up of my PC regularly.

Hello havanarghile,

Please bear in mind that this website primarily focuses on topics related to expatriation.

I am uncertain whether we can provide assistance with your specific inquiry.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@marktmorgan

I read the article and tried step 4. Unfortunately, I was told there was no such address.

Hello everyone,

Please note that I have moved all of @Havarnarguile posts and responses to this thread of the Turkey forum.

Regards

Bhavna