Advice on jobsearching/courses

Hi all

I am looking for some advice. My husband, my mother-in-law, mother, 4 month old son and myself are hoping to come to Malta next summer and I have been doing quite a lot of research but hoped you could clarify a few things for me.

I currently work as a Medical Secretary and my husband works in admin/auditing for the car industry. My mother works in a shop and mother-in-law as a picture framer. We are all hoping to find employment in Malta but it's not as complicated as it looks although none of us speak Maltese.

I am quite happy to work waitressing (previous experience) but would prefer admin if possible. I have been looking at possibly doing a course to improve my prospects and my main search was beauty courses(massage/spa industry etc). However having searched job pages I can't seem to find any openings for this line of work so think the course might be pointless. I see there are several spas in Malta now but I guess they have all the employees they need or are there advertisments for this line of work that I am missing?

As for my husband he has a background in admin/auditing so he was thinking of pursuing an accounting course (Open University or similar) but wondered whether it would be beneficial to start a course here while we wait or wait until we get to Malta? Are there many vacancies for accounting?

My mother-in-law is happy to clean/do chambermaid work and I seem to have found many opportunities for that and she would only be looking to do 20 hours per week.

My mother is nearing retiring age (59) and is only looking to do about approximately 15 hours per week but was hoping for some corner shop/maybe cafe work as she cannot lift weights or clean to vigourously due to a heart bypass many years ago. Would this be possible without knowing Maltese. She can understand everything in Maltese but cannot speak it (yes I can't figure that one out either!)

Anyway sorry for the really long story but I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction for courses etc that might be able to help us secure employment.

Thanks

There are a lot of vacancies for accountants asking for min 3 years experience. If he has that, then he should be easily able to find a job.
I am sure your mother in law would also find it very easy to get a job as a chambermaid as lots of hotels around and so would your mother as there are a lot of restaurants/cafes and as far as I know, knowing Maltese was never a requirement hehe.

A lot of foreigners works as waiters/waitresses, I am sure in the worst case scenario the client can just point to the item they want on the menu lol.

For admin I think you might need Maltese...but not necessarily. Depends where really