Just comparing service

More a side note, my wife bought a pressure machine, it is fine 125 over 87, heart is too fast, but I have cholesterol pills, (on top I have whisky)

Still some concerns on the medium term.

Anyhow, we go to a relatively luxury restaurant (good, very good service), I know what I will order (Tomato soup (with special prepared spices) and Lamb Shank (great), a few fresh orange juices for me and my wife, a few teas, All in all not more than TRY 1500 (inclusive tips). I did mention the excellent service (bread and additions)

In Hungary things are also fine so it is with pricing, but service in Turkey vs Hungary is 300%

300% higher or lower? 😉

Having had my largest team (27) based in Budapest and Debrecen 11yrs ago I never found the service to be spectacular, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Usually I eould be entertaining parties of between 10-30

I had been warned that I would experience quite a lot racism, thankfully the odd instance encountered was met with my 'Paddington Bear stare' and a raised eyebrow it all went away 😆

I've actually never had bad service in Turkey, sometimes indifferent, but like anywhere it was reflected in my tip.

Quality of service 300% higher in Turkey (in general)

I have many posts on Tripadvisor with my experiences, but in general 80% positive (some are just targeting innocent tourists and ripping them off)

Yes prices have increase quite a bit (also in EUR), for a good restaurant the total bill can easily come to EUR 50.

4 x fresh orange juices, 1 tomato soup, 2x lamb shank and a few teas (sometimes at the house (of course), a tonic with ice (if it is hot). I have to say what is good in general good bread and sauces are included (for starter), I like this very much.

Tea minimum 2x

In Hungary you get what you order, fine and often even very good, same price I would say as in Alanya, but no extras.

@cdw057 In Turkish restaurants (also good) you can go from TRY 650 to TRY 1000

Good, nothing to complain and we go often (not because of the price, but service and quality of dishes)

I live in Mahmutlar and you can PM me, I can give a list, but overall we do avoid 4 restaurants or so but favor 8 .

Good in general, what I hate is that some restaurants with bad service seem to have an agreement with tourist agents and get their commission (I hate this, a restaurant should be good (price is a different topic)

@cdw057 As a side note we go go Friends in Mahmutlar this afternoon (I hate evenings as I go to bed 7 PM at the latest).

For me Tomato soup (they prepare special for me with spices (just still I bring Tabasco (unfortunately I can not buy Blairs sauces (https://deathsauce.com/) with Amazon Turkey (In Germany or Netherland it is fine)

Lambshank to me is perfect.

Having said that all restaurants have their pluses (and minuses)

Bottom line enough choice and or for home delivery (in winter).

Cdw, you seem to reply to yourself an awful lot?? 😆 🤣 😂

@marktmorgan Often I realize forgot this or that, I am not too accurate or complete, apologies

@cdw057

Your posts are much appreciated and provide opportunities to further discussions on this MB.  Thanks for providing your thoughts and perspectives on a lot topics.  I hope to be a more active poster as you are when I become an expat.

Thanks, I actually am going to copy paste something from the Hungary forum.