Applying for PMLA (currently living abroad)

Hi everyone,

A little bit about myself, my gf and I are currently living in Canada (she is SG citizen).

We would like to move to Singapore and currently in the process of filling out the PMLA but were confused under the "state your income" section.

As we are both living and working overseas, are we supposed to leave this section blank as we currently don't work in SG and there would be nothing for IRAS to verify.

On a side note, do people usually first head back to Singapore (in this case my gf as she is SG), secure a job and then apply for PMLA? Does anyone know of any stories where people applied for PMLA or LTVP where both applicants were still working overseas?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,
A little bit about myself, my gf and I are currently living in Canada (she is SG citizen).

We would like to move to Singapore and currently in the process of filling out the PMLA but were confused under the "state your income" section.

As we are both living and working overseas, are we supposed to leave this section blank as we currently don't work in SG and there would be nothing for IRAS to verify.

On a side note, do people usually first head back to Singapore (in this case my gf as she is SG), secure a job and then apply for PMLA? Does anyone know of any stories where people applied for PMLA or LTVP where both applicants were still working overseas?

Thank you!
-@email4printingsh1t

In your case if you both are not married or registered to marry on a allocate date then you must be coming here u see a visitor's social visit pass then needs to extend in order to stay here (one time extension of another 30 days then need to leave Singapore or on medical ground someone can extend to another month).

If you want to stay here then you must obtain a work pass visa.

But if someone married or date registered to marry then after your marriage your Singaporean spouse can apply LTVP to stay here and search for job.

So, it is very much dependent on individual plan and priority which can vary person to person. Good luck

Note: In fact you can search a job before arrival. But how do you think someone can apply LTVP who has no relationship to a Singaporean (who needs to be sponsored for your LTVP).

@email4printingsh1t

Hi! Were you ever able to find more information on this? We are in a similar situation and not sure if we would need an income source in Singapore to be able to apply.

Similar situation, we got the PMLA approved, but not sure if we need to enter SG to apply for the LTVP, or if we can apply for the IPA from overseas.