Cohabitation Visa-Processing Time

Hello

We have applied for cohabitation visa in 3rd of July. It got registered to Dofi in 28th of July. When do you think we will receive an answer?

Thanks

Hello,

7 years ago, it tooks my wife 3 weeks to get it, but the file was send in September, after the summer vacation.

Basically you should expect the answer in early September as these are priority visa request handled by the long stay department :cheers:

@AlexFromBelgium thank you Alex 😊

@AlexFromBelgium

hi Alex, is there a maximum deadline within which the immigration office has to give an answer?

currently on the Dofi site it states that a decidion for marriage/cohabitation is taken within an average of  3,5 -4 months. are they obliged to take a decision by that time or can they extend it? i cant find any article in the legislation about timeframes for immigration to take a decsiion.

for context i am Eu citizen and my partner is non eu and we applied for mareiage visa in June.

thanks

There's no official timeline for cohab visa. It's just taken into account in the "fast lane" of the long stay department.

Now that the student visa timeline/rush is kinda over, they'll get back to business for other visa.

I guess you should expect news pretty soon then... nothing much to do expect waiting... :/

@AlexFromBelgium

hi Alex,

do you know if it is possible to change the type of visa application currently in treatment at DOFI?

I (non-eu) applied in June for VISA TO GET MARRIED with my my fiance ( EU ).

Our marriage declaration is expiring end of November and so far we haven't received any feedback. if we miss  this date we would have to present all documents to the commune before we culd sign a new declaration. we never expected that it would exceed even the 4 months of prcessing time. we assumed that being a short stay visa it would have been quick or if anything within the timeframe of 4 months. we initially wanted to reduce the time apart and also have the opportunity marry in europe to allow family here to be present. But  now we are considering rather marrying in my country, as the money to travel for my fiance would even be less than what would be spent in gathering all the docunents for the commune and then requesting to switching from a visa to marry to a family reunifcation. do you know if it is possible?

You can never change the visa type of a request.

If you must change the visa type, you must cancel the previous request and start from 0 again.

Best scenario: you get the visa and before telling the date from/to you want, your partner re-do all documentations + appointment for the wedding, then you tell the embassy which date you want.

@Ceren Yuce Hello!

Have you finally received you visa? I will be very appreciated for the answer as i am waiting for my visa too:)