Builder General Toshevo

Hi - I have owned a house in a small village near Gen. Tosh. since 2016. I have lived there on and off, and have done most of the building renovations myself. But the time has come for a new roof - yep, I'm still on the old style tiles.

I haven't got time and possibly not the skills to do it myself.

Does anyone know builders / roofers who want work near Gen Tosh. September a good month for roofing: dry and not too hot.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks

The team based in Toshevo who did the roof on my village house back in the spring did a great job. The only catch is, they speak no English, only Bulgarian or Turkish, so everything had to be done via my very helpful neighbour.

It wasn't cheap, 17,000 leva, but the other quote I got was for 23,000 leva. That's for a 65 m2 house and included replacing some of the roof timbers, completely rebuilding the roof including raising the roof height in the back section, rebuilding and flashing three chimneys, and guttering all round. It's completely transformed the look of the house, not to mention how nice it is not having water pour through holes or down the sides of the chimneys. Plus hubby can now stand up straight at the kitchen sink instead of having to hunch over!

If you speak Bulgarian or know someone trustworthy who can translate for you, I can ask my neighbour for their phone number.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply. My Bulgarian is a work in progress! I wonder if they have an email address, it might be easier to communicate that way initially. But I'll certainly take their number. Thank again - all the best Steve

Emails don't seem to be much used, though many use Viber. I'll ask my neighbour for their phone number.

@stevewiltshire01 ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : Promoting own services
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Unfortunately dtmills your email address was removed before I could make a note of it. I have DM you on this site and also on Facebook, but I'm struggling to get in contact with you.

Someone found a building company based in Burgas , it sounds like an umbrella organisation for builders in the area I may contact them for prices

I've just moved here full time and am an old Biddie non driver so I need a project manager and a crew. I've paid through the nose in the past for a so called " British master builder " who over charged me and I had to have the works they carried out re done. And I was also ripped off by a Bulgarian builder but I think that he realised that I'd never ever use him again. After all once bitten twice shy

It's too hot to work here at the moment but I'll be able to work in the garden in September and hopefully builders would be able to work as well