Driving through France this summer?

Low emission zones are now in force across more parts of France than ever before, and drivers can face fines of up to £154 if they don't plan ahead.

You can order the sticker from here. https://certificat-air.gouv.fr

Thankfully it's just a brief transit through France and I doubt the motorways from Calais or Dunquerque to the Belgium border will have such restrictions. I typically don't go into any towns or cities on the drive to Bulgaria and the ring roads are unlikely to have restrictions placed on them, much like the M25 around London's emission zones. But worth being aware of for people who like to take more time and the scenic journey as these zones are all over Europe.

Thankfully it's just a brief transit through France and I doubt the motorways from Calais or Dunquerque to the Belgium border will have such restrictions. I typically don't go into any towns or cities on the drive to Bulgaria and the ring roads are unlikely to have restrictions placed on them, much like the M25 around London's emission zones. But worth being aware of for people who like to take more time and the scenic journey as these zones are all over Europe.
-@HelenDinBG

For the sake of €3.72? Which is just Pence compared to the fine. I would highly recommend getting it.

What would you do if you needed to pull over to a town/province on your travels for an emergency? The "Blue Bottles" will not care who you are from or the reason given.

By the way, more are being added in the new year and fines are increasing.