Deportation

Hi expats,

My relative girl trying to visit(travel visa) SG second time, she was deported by the ICA officials. They advice her to enter SG with valid docs. As they suspect, "she is trying to do job here"(They took her handphone and noticed there are many job seeking apps)

But after few she got EPass and trying to enter, they detain her again and advice to appeal in the ICA for clearing the previous deportation issues.

Then the previous sponsor(travel visa) approach ICA, they said need to submit form14 with supporting documents thru email. And we done it, we receive auto generated acknowledgement too.

Now almost 3 weeks already, there is no updates from ICA. We dunno how to know the status.

Did anyone go thru such incidents, pls advice what to do next. Your valuable suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards!

After deportation, you always need clearance from ICA before travelling (otherwise you will be denied entry, as you encountered). So your relative should contact ICA and ask for pemission to travel to Singapoe. She should mention the already approved EP - the previous tourist visa (and its sponsor) do not help.

After deportation, you always need clearance from ICA before travelling (otherwise you will be denied entry, as you encountered). So your relative should contact ICA and ask for pemission to travel to Singapoe. She should mention the already approved EP - the previous tourist visa (and its sponsor) do not help.
-@beppi

Agreed, we had done those you mentioned, but need to check the status. Any possible ways 😔?

What is your question?

@selvamani19790605 it takes 6-8weeks to get answer from ica

I was deported once cause i didnt have a ticket back to another country  leaving singapore back in 2017

then in 2018 i made an appeal to enter singapore with the help of an agency and it worked and i got a papee that said i was allowed to come back to singaporw as a tourist etc

now my question is , since then i havent been back

but now in 2024 i need to go back for just couple says for holidays

do i need to appeal again or i can just fly straight to singapore ? knowing that my country doesnt need any visa to enter singapore as a tourist

@zazonzazon If the ban was already liftet, you should be able to enter the country as before.

But if you want to be sure, contact ICA first!

@selvamani19790605

I have had similar case and would like to know whether your relative girl declared the refused entry in the Employment pass application and explained while submitting to the MOM.

When did she get the employment pass ? 

Coming to your case did she submit the form14 and other relavent doumnets to ICA through the employer (as a local sponser)

Any updates from ICA after that ?

@zazonzazon  Hi

Did you appeal through local sponsor (Singaporean / PR holder) or company  ?

How long did the procedure take and did they any additional documents ?