Improper cancelation of student visa

Hi, I have question regarding the cancelation of Malaysia student visa.

So in my case, i have to cancel my student visa before 4/8, however I have exit the country and sent the exit stamp to my institution as I'm not present in Malaysia. The reason I went back first was because my result was only out on 10/7 and my apartment contract was ended on 31/7. The cancelation process takes around a month, which means I dont have place to stay for 10 days (at least) while waiting for my passport to be back with me. Hence, I decide to back to my homecountry and send the exit stamp.

I asked my institution that I might need to explain if they (the immigration) ask why I did not do proper cancelation. I am scared that I might have difficulties if I will continue my study again or even just visit Malaysia again for holiday purpose. Does my case would affect me in the future?

I only want to clarify my doubt about this visa things. I really appreciate for your sharing if you have similar experience with me. Thanks!

@Michaela Ivana Lim Hello and welcome !

I can see that you opened a duplicate thread as you had no reply on this one.

I hope someone will guide you soon.

Please keep an eye on this thread.

All the best

Bhavna

Cancellation must do by collage then you leave country , after went back to home country and cancelling visa also no issue , your hostel matter its their foult until and unless your hostel terms not finish they can't allot other person .   This is considered as normal issue -  any time you can visit malaysia.

. Good day

@Raj Rodrigues

Thank you for your reply!

I asked and clarified the question with my university. They said that the exit stamp that I sent was only for proof that I was not staying in Malaysia anymore, to prevent any issues with overstaying there. However, the visa will be active until it expires. I don't think that I will be able to cancel it properly as they said the latest to do it was in the mid of August, although my visa will be active until almost the end of the year

Do you experience similar things as me? It would be great if you can give me any advice

@Michaela Ivana Lim please can you update me about this. I am in the similar situation.