Working in Singapore with VDRL

Can I work in singapore if I have VDRL. The agents in Myanmar say they can't, I want to work in Singapore because my country is like hell.

What is VDRL? Is it a disease? Contagious? Why does the agent say it is not possible?

(In general, it is a bad idea to engage such agents. Better contact potential employers directly!

And the situation in your home country does not matter at all here.)

@beppi I think VDRL is called syphilis. That thing is sexually transmitted.I don't have that bug anymore but  in the blood test , VDRL is still positive.

There were various discussions about Syphilis in this forum in the past. Did you read them?

@beppi I've read it , but i can't find a definitive answer. Can anyone tell me the exact answer?

If you are going to work as work permit holder or Foreign Domestic Worker or working in health company  , I think VDRL test is needed. But if you will be holding Spass or EPass, normalyy HIV and TB test only are needed tests .

@expatSG_10 Maybe there is no definitive answer, as it is decided on a case-by-case basis. The best wouldbe to ask the Singapore authorities!

@expatSG_10 If I come to study, can I stay in singapore if the school gives me a guarantee? If I work while studying, can I get it ?

Most of the schools don't allow work and study concept. They may allow during summer holidays or after annual exams in Nov.

You need to check your school if they allow any of the two.

On coming to Singapore for schooling then depending upon ICA and school authorities. You should reach out them and clarify your questions as we may not have exact details about VDRL which you are looking for. Good luck

I dont know for student visa. Ask your school what tests are needed.

A Singapore student visa does not allow any paid work (except maybe some internships needed for the studies). There is no possibility to finance your living expenses through work while on a student pass!

@beppi Thank you for all