Student visa expiration concern

Hello,

I am on a student visa and I finished my studies this month, and also got a job offer. My visa expires on Monday, 31st July and I am waiting for my housing approval to come in. If my housing approval comes in time and my employer submits my application, am I allowed to stay in Malta during the process (considering my visa would have expired)?

I went to Identity Malta and they said I can stay, however there is no written proof anywhere. Immigration lawyer that I had talked to said no, I cannot stay. I am very confused!

Hello,
I am on a student visa and I finished my studies this month, and also got a job offer. My visa expires on Monday, 31st July and I am waiting for my housing approval to come in. If my housing approval comes in time and my employer submits my application, am I allowed to stay in Malta during the process (considering my visa would have expired)?
I went to Identity Malta and they said I can stay, however there is no written proof anywhere. Immigration lawyer that I had talked to said no, I cannot stay. I am very confused!
-@sfriends29

I would go by what the immigration lawyer said.

Government departments say all sorts of things, many incorrect, for instance Transport Malta told me it did not matter if I did not have a licence after my UK driving licence had expired before my Maltese one was issued. They said lots of Maltese don't have licences anyway. But I would not fancy my chances if stopped by a Transport Malta officer, as a foreigner, I would probably finish up in jail!