Travel Ban

Hi, I and my kids were traveling yesterday to home country for vacation. Upon boarding I was told I have a travel ban which I was not aware. I'm sure it's because of my pending IMTIAZ Card. Please where should I go to get this cleared as I don't have the fund to clear the entire debt until I'm back. It's really devastating and my kids were crying and feeling so sober at the airport yesterday. Please I tried to check on Bahrain portal but my number is not working with my CPR. Please where do I go to,the court or my bank? TIA

Hello gloriaodejeh,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f642.svg

Thank you for sharing this incident with us.

Let's hope someone on this forum will be able to help you with this matter soon.

Just to be clear, were you able to leave Bahrain or not?

Regards,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl

I was not able to leave Bahrain. I have gone to the bank and they are saying I have to pay full but I can't afford it now.

The bank has approached execution court for recovery of dues.  Execution court ordered travel ban.

The only way the ban can be lifted now is for the bank to withdraw it's case.  There is NO other way.

And the bank will withdraw their case if you reach a settlement with them.   So try to keep pleading with them to accept installment plan but if they don't, you should be aware that you have no choice but to pay the whole amount.  You have zero legal standing here.