PR application and PEP

Hi

Can anyone advice if we can apply for both PEP and PR at the same time (or) we can only apply one at a time?

Appreciate your advice.

@kjaichand1 you can apply for PR whilst you have a PEP in parallel, however, if you secure your PEP before you get your PR, please update ICA.

@Shekhz Thanks but my question is:

I am currently an EP now. I want to apply for PEP and also for PR at the same time. Is that okay ? allowed?

Appreciate your advice.

Your PR application will be based on your EP. PEP is a separate application and you need to inform ICA if your PEP is approved and your employer needs to cancel EP.

Because once your EP is canceled then PR application is no longer to be considered. So, you need to update your PEP details with ICA so that your PR application remain there to consider

@surya2k

Thanks. I have not yet applied for PR and I have not yet applied for PEP.

with the limited time i have before my job is impacted soon. I just want to log my application for PR and also apply for PEP. This is because if my PR is not successful then i will only have 1 month to leave. But If i get PEP i will have 6months to stay even if my current job is lost.

So my question is i am planning to log my Application for PR and within next two or three days log my application for PEP.  Can i send in both the applications same time. YES / No ?

Yes, you can. PEP will be reviewed and approved by MoM while PR approval will be done at ICA.

@kjaichand1 that's exactly what I answered. Yes you can apply for both in parallel (PR and PEP).

@surya2k Thank you so much for your time. It is clear now for me.

@Shekhz Thank you so much for your time. It is now clear for me.