Housing Near Border

Hi,

So I am looking to live in Mexico for at least 6 months.

I currently live in California and initially planned to live in the Ensenada -Rosarita area.

However, because that area is so cloise to the border the prices seemed rather high given my income and there also was a considerable amount of crime and other probleamtic issues given the degree of partying occuring.

I need to live rather close to the US because I need to return to the States at least once a month for financial reasons.

Do people have suggestions of other areas, cities, that are close to the States but have less urban issues?

Are there regions, cities near Arizona that are less problematic than the municipalities near California?

I have a fixed income so I can not afford a great deal.  Roughly $400/month.

Thanks.

400 usd a month... For rent.. Or your total monthly expenses?

@1happykamper

Rent

Im looking to retire in Mexico have a income of 2000.00 a month Canadian im disabled and have moblity issues unable to do stairs looking to rent something furnished and 

Im looking for long term and possibly room and board or a studio

@KariNeilson furnished and??

@Yishai Gidon now that's a new one...u have to travel to the horrible US for financial reasons? Care to elaborate?? The huge expense of going back there is ridiculous!

@Yishai Gidon glad yr getting outta the horrible California and the US! I live in Puerto Vallarta...it's the best place to be.

@Yishai Gidon I'm looking forward to yr reason for having to go back to the US once a month?!!

@Michael Asay if i was to move there for a one bedroom apartment or studio apartment as a single person how much would it cost per month is it air conditioningand maid service and meals available

@Michael Asay

Ok Ok.

Yes. SI.

The fact that I will need to go to the US very often is a major bummer.

But part of my monthly income is $500 from the state of CA.

If I'm out of the state for more than 29 consecutive days I say goodbye to half a grand.

Now does this mean I will enjoy spending $200 to go back and forth.

NO!

Am I open to some creative alternative.

Yes.

But saving $300/month is a ton of cash in Mexico and at this point having that money is worth the hassle.

@Yishai Gidon can you explain you're situation that you have to go back to US every month for financial reasons? You don't make sense.

@Yishai Gidon why do you have go back to the US every month?? Details?? I just think somethings wrong. You know you can bring you're money here!!

@Yishai Gidon check out El Soler in Tj. You might find something there.

I will google it but can you tell me more about El Soler.