Job prospects in Germany to sharpen my skills

I am a 39 year old male residing in Zimbabwe. My hobbies include photography (landscape,nature and themed mood shoots. Mixology and dessert making are also part ofy hobbies.

I want any job prospects in Germany to sharpen my skills. All I included I am self taught although I have a higher national diploma in mass communication.

Any assistance will be a honour to me.

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Title edited
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

This subject is one of the main ones covered on this site. Being interesting, honest, hard-working, willing to try anything… all nice and good but rather irrelevant for a non-EU person to get a job in Germany. One needs to have highly demanded skills so that it is worth it for an employer to take the extra risk, cost and effort to recruit someone. And this is highly correlated to having degrees, experience and for the vast majority of jobs, to speak a very high level of German. Good English is often expected but in addition rather than as an alternative. While most Germans speak passable English as a secondary language it does NOT mean that one doesn't need German. And one doing what is seen as unskilled labor has little to no chance. There are new immigration rules being considered easing some restrictions but the purpose of them is to make it easier to bring highly qualified workers.

@TominStuttgart  thank you very much for the feedback. I appreciate you sharing the information. Its a pity I don't have a degree but I only have innovative and revelutionary ideas that help solve problems and human kind.

Albert Einstein said Imagination is better than knowledge. It surely is and I am of the opinion that companies should have a department for such. In recent studies some innovative ideas in some companies have came from cleaners and low ranking personnel who had no degrees when they conducted brainstorming sessions.

My last request to you Tomin Stuttgart is are there opportunities for people who might have a imaginative mind and the logics behind the revelutionary idea of which some people with degrees don't possess but have the technical ability to put it through?

I believe it's all about teamwork.

Thank you for your time in reading my request.

Yours Sincerely

Liberty Farai Chaza

@chazalibertyfarai I do agree with you to a certain extend (except the "revolution" aspect), but that does not help: The reality of employer's expectations and legal situation for visa purposes does not - you simply won't find a job and/or get a visa for it!

I recommend you pursue your ideas in your home country.

@beppi  thank you very much. I much appreciate your advice.

One can share ideas online about how to better life. How one can use this as a pathway to migrate and get employment is beyond me. Even people with degrees and likelihood of employment might not be able to convert their ideas into anything substantial. Maybe look online for groups that share interest in the subjects you are involved with? There might be organizations that you can communicate with.

Most commercial businesses don't really have a think tank of sorts to do such things other than far-right-wing ones that are covers for lobbyists usually pushing the interests of the oil companies or gun manufacturers etc. Doing good unfortunately tends not to be as easy to monetarize as greed and exploitation are. And many of us would love to find a job that really does good for the world. Most of us have to compromise and do one or the other – or make a living in a way that doesn't do too much harm.