Modest Beach Life

Hey there fellow Expats, I'm currently living in the Philippines and planning on spending about 3 months in Thailand with my girlfriend. I'm looking for something that has some good nightlife (to be more specific just want some decent places to sit down and drink, not looking for girls). I've been to Thailand four times in the past, so I somewhat know what I'm doing (who am i kidding, i have no idea).  I heard mention of Krabi town, so I'm going to do some research into that, but just looking for some low-key life, thanks!

@Scott H (The Duke) Please don't come to Koh Phangan. People living here want to

be quiet after and before full moon party. Go to Bangkok, Phuket , Pattaya. Perfect for westerners who like bars

@Scott H (The Duke) Please don't come to Koh Phangan. People living here want to
be quiet after and before full moon party. Go to Bangkok, Phuket , Pattaya. Perfect for westerners who like bars
-@Sainsard

He mentioned Krabi not Koh Phangan.

Hey there fellow Expats, I'm currently living in the Philippines and planning on spending about 3 months in Thailand with my girlfriend. I'm looking for something that has some good nightlife (to be more specific just want some decent places to sit down and drink, not looking for girls). I've been to Thailand four times in the past, so I somewhat know what I'm doing (who am i kidding, i have no idea). I heard mention of Krabi town, so I'm going to do some research into that, but just looking for some low-key life, thanks!
-@Scott H (The Duke)

Actually the best considered place for such a pleasant nightlife in Thailand is Phuket town with plenty of little restaurants, coffee shops in the old town with its original sino-portuguese style buildings now completely renovated. And has also a lot of nice hotels (check on Agoda.com) and nice park near the seaside Saphan Hin. From there is even easy to take boats for some tours to reach Phi-Phi island, Phangna bay or the famous Aonang beach near Krabi.

Instead on the other side of Phuket island towards the Andaman sea, you can chose Bangtao beach near Laguna residential area and Cherngtalae town there is Boat Avenue with a very pleasant night life , with many pubs and cocktail bars as well restaurants of any kind and nationality and the long Bangtao beach is also very nice with many beach cocktail bars like Hugo's pub, or Pig beach pub, or beside Dusit Thani and Mövenpick hotels and easy to rent a motorbike to move arround and discover more easy every access to the beaches like Surin beach.

There you can check for a monthly rent a 1 bedroom and living room with separate kitchen at HillMyna condotel (Booking Whatsapp +***).

The place is easy to reach from Phuket Airport by Smart bus (100 baht) and get down at Lotus Cherngtalae bus stop and avoid taxi that ask 700 baht. Similar bus is available also to Phuket town at same 100 baht price (3 €uro).

Phuket has international airport and you can arrive directly from anywhere.

Moderated by Cheryl 10 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

No contact details on the forum, please.

Such information should be shared via the private messaging system.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team