Sdn bhd company and permanent residency

Hello

For foreigners

Is it possible to become permanent resident by opening company and staying the 5 continuous years ???

sorry to say no, PR in Malaysia is only meant for someone spouse is Malaysian, even you and your family have stay in Malaysia for 20years and was a MD of a Sdn Bhd company, you still not entitle to it. So you need to check the visa available.... Employment Pass (EP), Residence Pass-Talent (RPT), Professional Visit Pass, Dependant Pass, Long-Term Social Visit Pass.....refer to https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/about-us/esd/. Take note for child above 18years old they will no longer can get a dependant pass, it will be Long term Social Visit pass till they reach 25 years old. Or you can go for MM2H. The best is find an agent to assist you.

@akiraessmall PR in Malaysia is difficult. Even if you qualified any of the criteria, the govt will put your application as KIV for many years. This is what I heard.

Now the nearest visa to PR is PVIP. This is a 20 years visa allowed you to do business and work here. This visa got high fee.

I can share you more information if you need.

Yes Renz MC, the high requirement same like MM2H as need 1million Investment (fixed deposit in Malaysia) and off shore salary RM40,000 per month which is same as MM2H the only thing difference is don't need any liquid assets proof but the fee is ridiculous high

I sincerely want to settle in Malaysia.

There is so many different visa and it's easy to get lost. So for PR the only way is to marry a Malaysian ? Malay or other ( Chinese / Indian / foreigner who has Malaysian PR identity card ) ?

below link is the info for your ref which was the same answer I got at immigration when I go for my EP renewal, is troublesome actually as needs to renew every a year or 2, other option like PVIP or MM2H is not my choice... https://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/mai … ence-pass/

@snsb2006

Thank you very much for your answer. Now it's more clear for me.

Thank you guys for your help

Much appreciated

Cheers