Dentist in Cap Cana Area

Hola, looking for I guess the phrase is medical tourism. a dentist in the Cap Cana area. Someone that does implants and basic dentistry too,  coming  in from the United States. It's for a family member.

in a perfect world I'm looking for a member that could offer a reference, both basic dentistry and implants crowns, etc..

Thanks, all

B:)

@rfmaurone Dr ***, Master in Same Day Permanent Teeth with IHDE Implant and G CAM GRAPHENE. ***

****, excellent, dentist, economical, affordable, efficient and friendly.

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Please share in private.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@rfmaurone

stay away from the recommended dentist,do your own research about him.

I am asking where in the code of conduct it says you cannot refer/ recommend a product or service ????

We cannot promote ourselves but we can recommend others!

@Planner - What I understood from the posts is that stealth19 recommended a particular dentist but then Guestposter999 was advising to stay away from that particular dentist for some reason (maybe had a bad experience, etc?). I don't think Guestposter999 was saying a dentist can't be recommended. Maybe I'm wrong though??

The post was moderated. So my message was to the moderation team honey.

As I understand the rules, no SELF promotion or promotion of your significant others etc. BUT we can recommend a person or service we have used and  can say is good. That is my understanding. 

@ Planner, It has always been that way. Should a member want to recommend a professional, he can not post names/contact details on the forum section :

1) It is seen as indirect advertising

2) we can not verify all recommendations

3)Posting contact details and names of professionals without their permission has proven to be very problematic for us. We do get lots of emails from professionals pointing out that their contact details have been posted on our forum without their permission and should be removed immediately.

4)To deter any form of defamation as we have seen above.

5) Members should share recommendations in private or in the business directory.

6) Not everything is written in the forum code of conduct.

I have sent you a private message with more details. Please have a look.

We would appreciate that you contact us through email should you want more infos.

Regards

Bhavna

Here is what was sent to me privately as well:

1) Contact details should not be posted either personal or professional except for governmental institutions

(i) Personal : As we are a public forum and scammers, bots etc will retrieve those details and these contact details are shown on google.

(ii) Professional as they are seen as advertising or indirect advertising. People should share their recommendations in private or recommend these professionals in the Business directory.

(iii) Professional : We receive too many mails from professionals asking why their contact details have been posted on our forum without their permission and they request the removal of those.

(iv) We remove those as we don't want them to be followed by defamatory content. For example a member post the name of a professional and contact details followed by another member saying that this professional is bad : This is considered defamatory and we have received so many complaints about this.

(v) Concerning defamatory contact if left o the website the professional has the right to ask sue us and ask for personal details of our member.

Finally, I had already explained that previously and not everything is written is the Code of conduct.

May I  respectfully suggest you update the code of conduct then! 

I always thought if a professional put his name anywhere in public …google, yahoo or Facebook , he can no longer determine how his name will be mentioned on any media platform, he has given up that right when he went into public advertisement…. That's why it's better to be a good business instead of a bad business…🤔

Some people post fake reviews (bad or good)  - Competitors/employees etc that's why it is difficult to verify and we prefer removing the names and contact details.

@Bhavna this was my point testerday about contact info and I was told that other people's contact info is fine. I dont think that is correct. I think all contact information is moderated. I cant post what airport shuttle I use so why should someone else be allowed to post whatever they want.

And that is what I have always thought Bryan!  SO today we get told the  rules have changed but NO ONE tells us and no  one updated the  code of conduct. I guess we are all now mindreaders.

FYI I brought this up in the moderators forum!   IF they want us to moderate the rules they better publish the  rules.

Hello Darlene,

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We fully understand the frustration that this may have caused.

Bhavna has appropriately highlighted the primary reason behind our policy of not allowing the sharing of personal contact details, whether it's one's own or someone else's. This policy is strictly implemented for security purposes.

As moderators of a public forum, it is our responsibility to ensure that all forum messages comply with our guidelines. This is why we recommend registering any business or service in the Dominican Republic business directory.

We will take the necessary steps to enhance the clarity and informativeness of our code of conduct to prevent any future misunderstandings.

We value your relationship with us and we are committed to making improvements in every possible way.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Not being able to publicly recommend someone is a disservice! That's my opinion.

So I registered my companies on the "directory" lets see how long it takes to be approved. I did that  yesterday!

The post was moderated. So my message was to the moderation team honey.
-@planner

FWIW, "honey" is perceived as being derogatory or disrespectful in the U.S. when speaking to strangers or people in a business setting.

@crabelramble - no worries, I know Darlene (Planner) personally, so I definitely did not take that as being derogatory or disrespectful.

@crabelramble we are in the DR not the USA so I do not give a darn!

😀😟🤦‍♀️

@Guestposter999 A person should always verify everything for their own protection, and do their own research about any subject. Never believe in biased opinions. There are always many sides to one story.

Buyer be ware!

Absolutely true. Always do your own research. Always verify. And never pay everything up front!

Seeing back-to-back cautions on the need to "do your own research" made me stop and think!

What is the best way to do that?

Sure, I have my way, but I've had it for so long that I have no idea whether or not it's the best way.

How do you guys do your research?

I look on various  forums,  I ask  people I know and I do google searches. But here google searches pretty much has to be done in spanish to find anything. 

@Cheryl I feel pretty bad as in I am the originator of the request and I was looking for a recommendation based on someone's good experience candidly that's what I was looking for so hopefully someone reads this and sends me a private message. Sorry for the fire storm that I lit.

No worry.  This needed clarifying.  If anyone knows a good dentist please message him privately.

Then the next person needing one or any recommendation can also start a thread instead of just reading a recommendation!

@planner you are one super gal !