Affordable medical insurance in Jomtien

Greetings to everyone,  I'll be traveling to Jomtien thailand shortly.  I'm looking for an affordable medical insurance company while living long-term there. Can anyone help me with making a good decision?

Many thanks for your assistance.

@Gilbert Williams We are with A1A I am 73 and my husband is 65, It is 16,000 a month for us both. Hope this helps.

@suzianddave, many thanks for the information. Do you have any contact information I can use?

Best regards,

Gil

phone number ....***for A1A

Moderated by Cheryl 10 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Gilbert Williams We are with A1A I am 73 and my husband is 65, It is 16,000 a month for us both. Hope this helps.
-@suzianddave

That's a very expensive health insurance even if it's for 2 persons. That's not something I would recommend. The topic is "affordable medical insurance". Up to 65 years of age, an insurance with a proper cover doesn't have to cost more than 37.000 Baht. Without Outpatient the premium will be about 20% less. That's what I paid for at Pacific Cross for several years. From 66 years of age the premium will go up a bit, but a lot cheaper than what you're paying now.

sorry I meant 16000baht.

A bit confusing, 16,000 baht a month for 2? 8,000 each per month? Also Leeds lad 37,000 a year is that correct as I have just reached 73 moving to Thailand in August will need to sort insurance for sure. Many thanks

sorry I meant 16000baht.
-@suzianddave

That's still ridiculously expensive. Who told you to go for that insurance?

A bit confusing, 16,000 baht a month for 2? 8,000 each per month? Also Leeds lad 37,000 a year is that correct as I have just reached 73 moving to Thailand in August will need to sort insurance for sure. Many thanks
-@kevinmcbeath

Your problem is your age. It starts at 66, that's an age Thai insurance companies calls overaged. Past 70 is a big no for some companies,but some makes big money to insure older people. Never go for ridiculously expensive insurances. If you have pre-existing conditions they will be excluded.

@Gilbert Williams send me a message. Your details have disappeared after our recent conversation