Indian moving to Malta on employment visa

Hi Guys / Gals,

I am moving to Malta, so requesting all expats living in Malta to help to understand how easy or difficult is moving to Malta and fellow Indian living in Malta , please your feedback is much needed.

If god will we shall meet up in Malta

Thanks,

Shan.

Hello Shanthamurthy V,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for bringing your questions here.

Since this forum is very active, I am sure it will not be difficult for you to gather useful information and tips here.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello @Shanthamurthy V,

I am an Australian who moved to Malta in December.

The tourism and hospitality industries here are VERY seasonal.

There is ALWAYS a festival here - lots of free entertainment.

Everyone speaks enough English.

Finding accommodation to share is best via Facebook, but if you seek your own place use either Facebook or a local agent to find it for you.

Groceries are cheaper at the markets/roadside vans than at the supermarket.

Healthcare is easy to get - in the experiences we have had so far.

Let me know what other questions you have, and if we have had experience I will let you know.

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Shanthamurthy V Hi Shan, first you need to find a job and the employer would then apply for a work permit for you with Identity Malta.  Unfortunately the process is lately rather lengthy and you might need to wait between five to eight months for a reply on whether your application was accepted.  If it is, you would need to apply for your visa and again wait for the approval.  Make sure that you always apply with the right documentation so that you facilitate your process as much as possible.  You may read further on the website of Identity Malta.  Feel free to reach out if you encounter any problems from your end .