Illegal tenants

I have a double nationality one is which Moroccan other European. I bought an apartment in Morocco to keep connected to my roots and family there. The apartment is first for holidays later to move back. I rented the apartment out to help people in need with affordable housing. Money was never the motive as it costs more to rent it out eventually. The lease contract ended now the tenants ( a working couple without kids) are refusing to vacate. I cannot travel to Morocco to sort it out due to work. Any advice would be helpful!

Send them a letter to vacate like that you have prove in case your obligated to take a lawer

this couple. Are they  refusing to pay that why you want them to leave ? Or what exactely

@smes0077 This is exactly why you don't rent to poor Moroccans. You can never get them to leave. You should know that being from Morocco. I've heard this story many times from inlaws in Morocco. Just rent to paying foreigners or use Airbnb or booking. Never rent to Moroccans unless you have enough witnesses and they sign contract. You are going to have a hard time getting them out voluntarily and will need the court to get them out.

I'm sorry this is happening as I plan to do the same thing, purchase a property there for holidays but I'm from the Us.

I was going to AirBnB because my family have lots of real estate in the US and tenants here are a pain in the neck, you may need to get the police involved. We call them squatters.

@Yahya411 thanks for the response. There is a contract with an end date they just don't respect it and are buying time knowing the wheels of justice move very slow

@Lysa Drew thanks for the response. Be veeeryy careful with purchasing anything in Morocco. The system is such a black box for foreigners and the bureaucracy takes so much time and hassle. It's scary

@smes0077 Yes, it can take time even months, so you have to get the ball rolling.