Proving Earnings for Marriage in Morocco with Investment Portfolio

Hi all,

I am half-Moroccan with only a British passport, and I plan to marry my fiancée in Morocco under (non-Moroccan/foreigner marry to Moroccan national women). However, I need to provide proof of earnings, bank statements, and pay slips to the Moroccan authorities. Although I don't have a work certificate/position since I'm currently not employed,

Instead, I have an investment portfolio with £256,000 net value. I initially invested £65,000 in 2017-2019 when I was self-employed as an online retailer, and close brothers (investment firm) have been able to grow my portfolio since then by 300%. Although I'm not working now but plan to do so in the upcoming months, I receive monthly instalments from the portfolio, which Close Brothers investment firm confirms through documentation.

As a person with an unearned income source, I can live comfortably with a growing portfolio. I would appreciate any advice on how to explain this to the Moroccan authorities and use it to support my application to marry my fiancée. To support my application, I can provide my portfolio along with all my investment reports, tax packs, earnings from the portfolio, a letter from the investment firm accountant,  and withdrawals into my bank account per month, ranging between £2100-2800.

Will the Moroccan authorities accept this, the Laadoul, police, court etc... basically, all parties that want to see my documents?

Thank you

@JosephE1! To ensure that you bring the correct paperwork for your situation, you must ask your partner to visit an adoul in her city, which is the same city mentioned in her address on her national ID card. It is important for her to explain the situation to the adoul in order to receive appropriate advice.

Please note that the required paperwork for unique situations like this can vary between cities, towns, and even different adouls.

The specific documentation needed may differ depending on the location.

Ultimately, the adoul has the final authority to determine the correct documentation required for submission to the court.

It is important to obtain this information directly from the adoul in her city.

Once the adoul provides you with the accurate details, it is advisable to continue working with the same adoul for the remainder of the marriage process.

@JosephE1! It maybe easier to get married in England and then have Moroccan Consulate stamp the marriage certificate. I'm assuming you can get your fiance there. One more thing, Islamic marriage certificate. I did this with my Moroccan wife over 26 years ago. First got married at Courthouse in USA and then in masjad and sent Islamic Certificate to Moroccan consulate in USA where they stamped it. Never had a problem in Morocco in over 26 years of going there. I'm in Marrakech raping up a 6  week stay with inlaws.