Divorcing a uk national

Hi all I am a moroccan national my husband is a English national  we came from the uk to Morocco  in March 2011.after 3 days he left me here and have not seen him since. I have spoken to him on the phone 2 years ago but he refuses to sign a divorce agreement  and he will not contact my solicitor  or answer any post that is sent to him I am unable to contact him in any way as he has blocked every  possible way the divorce court here need him to sign a letter agreeing to a divorce with his passport number and get the letter stamped by the uk government  nothing else will do. All this he refuses to do.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATELSE I CAN DO.  HELP ME PLEASE.  Thank you

@Fatiha Lasmak  Good evening Fatiha. Can I ask why aren't you seeking divorce in the uk courts?

@Fatiha Lasmak If you are in Morocco and this was a moroccan marriage you should contact an adoul for assistance. The court will issue a divorce in the case of abandonment. The court will try to make contact with him but if they can't they will issue the divorce without him signing anything. It may take a few months to be concluded. You also have the right to seek restitution through the Moroccan courts too from him. You need to contact an adoul.

If you are in the UK your solicitor is the most qualified to advise you and their are procedures in place to deal with your issue.

@idouarab2712 because I am.in Morocco and no visa to return

Just contact a lawyer. I was in a similar situation as yours and they ordered a divorce without him signing anything. Asking these questions on the internet will only confuse you even more. Someone in the comments is telling you to contact an Adoul for a court case. What does an adoul has to do with divorce or court cases1f611.svg

@Belt99 because that someone understands well about the procedures of Morocco.

Anyone who wants to divorce must ask the court's authorization to draw up a divorce act by two authorized Adouls assigned for this end.

https://www.consulat.ma/en/divorce-morocco

So yes the first point of contact to have a clue about where to start and what to do should be with with an adoul. They will advise the exact and proper process and guide her through it and finally draw up the divorce certificate.

You would only involve a laywer if this was a complicated mess with children involved and assets. And then good luck finding a lawyer in Morocco that has your best interests at heart. Not to say they are all bad but this is Morocco and I've seen it all over 10 years..scam central.

The last time he contacted her is 2 years ago. Her situation is already as messy as it gets. I don't see the point in contacting an Adoul that will eventually tell her to go see a lawyer. She's looking for a divorce, a divorce from someone that left her and went to a different country and she has no way of cantacting him or knowing his location in order to send him a court summons. He left her 12 years ago, this woman has been waiting for her husband for 12 years. There's literally nothing messier than her situation. She has been considered married for 12 years meanwhile she has only spent 3 days with her husband. She wasted 12 years of her life already and you're telling her to go see an Adoul. She should see a lawyer, someone who goes to court everyday, someone who knows his way around cases not an Adoul. I don't think you understand the seriousness of this situation. HER LIFE HAS STOPPED FOR 12 YEARS!!!

@Fatiha Lasmak

Asalaam Alakium Sister, I felt all choked up when I read your story. I don't (unfortunately) have any advice for you, except calling citizens advice bureau (as you still are classed as a citizen) & go the British Consulate? Can I ask my my own problem (I have fallen in love with a Moroccan Man) & he speaks sweet words but it's his actions  that are making me believe I'm about to make a very stupid mistake!) But you have enough problems. But please could you tell me if your husband (Inshallah soon to be ex?!🤲🏻☝🏼) Is this "Man' of Moroccan decent or even Arabic desent.

I'm sorry I couldn't help me but if you helped me I will forever be grateful. Good luck Sister! ❤️

Maryam

Jazak Allahu Khairan

Doesn't she have a copy of the marriage contract? Doesn't she have a copy of the husband's documents (a copy of his passport or his identity card).

She can takes those documents to the husband's embassy in Rabat and request to meet an official at the British embassy in Rebat for help in obtaining an entry visa to England and she can go there and file a case against him in the courts of England.

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : Members are required to show compassion.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Belt99 Still we have some sensible people , Thanks for guiding her

@Fatiha Lasmak I understand that you may have questions about divorce, but it's important to be cautious when seeking answers online. The internet is filled with a wide range of information, some of which may be inaccurate or conflicting. It's often best to consult with a qualified legal professional who can provide you with personalized guidance and information specific to your situation.