Baseball in Mauritius

Hi folks

Can someone please let me know if there is anywhere to play baseball on Mauritius.

My friend is thinking of relocating to Mauritius. His kids are very good baseball players and they want to continue playing. The eldest son is good enough to consider going professional.

Is there anywhere they can play?

Alternatively, is anyone interested in helping to establish baseball on Mauritius?

Thanks, John

Hello John,

I think it will be hard to find. Baseball is not popular in Mauritius. I don't even see any FB page.. Not a good sign.

Let's hope someone on the forum knows a little more about this sport...

Regards

Bhavna

There are some Americans on this forum , let alone those working either at or with the US Embassy 1f601.svg

@Bhavna Thanks for your message.

I have also found nothing online to indicate any baseball on the island.

Perhaps there is an opportunity to develop the sport here.

Is anyone interested?

Best wishes, John

@External Thanks for your message.

I will suggest to my friends that they approach the US embassy and other US bodies to explore the possibility of developing baseball on Mauritius

Best wishes, John

@External Thanks for your message.
I will suggest to my friends that they approach the US embassy and other US bodies to explore the possibility of developing baseball on Mauritius

Best wishes, John
-@John0356

It may be a hard sell because since the '90s it is tough to communicate with anyone inside unless you have a personal contact. It all comes down  to security ! Good. luck to your friends.

@External Thanks, I hear you loud and clear. We will chat with some US baseball connections first.

Im looking for people playing baseball in Mauritius for years, if you starts something hit me up im eager to be part of it.

@kerigannejr which location do you plan to start ?