Looking for a job in Mauritius

Good morning

My name is Alice - I am looking to get a job before I arrive in Mauritius is this possible? also I have a varied and mixed CV.  All my skills are through experience only so not many qualifications only a diploma in travel and tourism. what are my odds? is running a small business a better option?

@Alice wiggett

Mauritius is great place for Tourism and you have experience in this field with qualification.

Own business is own business, you can't compare it with job.

If you decide from your mind, then better to start with your own startup and grow it with your smart hard work.

All the best.

lots of jobs on this page: https://www.myjob.mu/Jobs/Tourism-Travel/

@Alice wiggett

Hello,

I invite you to have a look at the Living in Mauritius guide for expats, you will find a lot of information about Mauritius. You can also go through the various articles about finding a job and also about opening and running your own business.

I would also advise you to post a detailed job advert in the Jobs in Mauritius section under the category that suits you the best. Note that there are also some job offers in the same section, please feel free to get in touch with the recruiters if there is a specific job that interest you.

i wish you all the best in your expatriation project and please feel free to create new threads on the Mauritius forum if you have other questions.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Expat.com Team

@Alice wiggett Do you speak French/Creole.  Although English is the official language people predominantly speak Creole/French.  Most of the available media is in French.

There is a big Indian population here (the majority) and I get the feeling they like speaking English as their second language.

I wish you luck, especially now the government has increased the minimum wage to 15,000 mauritian rupees (€300)