Family visa application

I am British citizen and married (in Aug 2021 in France) to French national, we have been together since Oct 2019. We met in Paris and he was living in France and i was living in UK. My husband moved to UK in Oct 2022 and he normally cross the board between UK and France on visitor visa. We have open a bank account together, I have included him on my utility bill and council tax bill as family visa application request for bills and prove of living together for 2 years. We applied for family visa on 16th April as they said "he wasn't living in the UK before Dec 2020 he have no right under withdrawal agreement". While family visa application pending, we went to France and UK border agencies wouldn't let him in the UK saying his name on utility bill and council tax bill and he live in UK so can't come into UK with visitor visa. I had to leave my husband in Calais he has no where to go in France as he gave up his house in Oct. I am prying they will approve his visa, anyone know how long family visa application takes? And anyone can provide any advice? I really want to be with my husband and currently he is homeless.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You appear to have already taken the appropriate action when you applied for the family visa in April.  How long it takes depends on the circumstances of your application, the details are on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to it, just scroll down to the "How long it takes" section.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team