Seeking Advice: Foreign Investment in Mauritius Tourism Sector

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. Recently, I've been looking into opportunities for investing in the tourism sector of Mauritius, a sector I believe has immense potential for growth and profitability.

However, in the course of my research, I have come across several references to certain limitations and regulations pertaining to foreign investors. As a potential foreign investor myself, these constraints have left me with a few questions and concerns.

Can anyone here provide further insight or clarification on this matter? Specifically, I'm interested in understanding the nature of these limitations, any potential workarounds, and how these restrictions might impact the investment process and potential returns.

Additionally, if anyone has personal experiences with investing in the tourism sector in Mauritius as a foreign investor, I'd be extremely grateful to hear about your journey, the challenges you faced, and how you navigated them.

Any resources, contacts, or advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to learning from this knowledgeable community.

Hello Regina,

Trust you are well !

Have you contacted the Economic Development Board yet : https://edbmauritius.org/ ?

It is the government agency mandated to provide support and information to foreign investors.

Regards

Bhavna

Hi I am busy with several projects and have contacts who could assist - please contact me Clarry Odell