IKEA Delivery

We are thinking of ordering two sofas for delivery from our nearest (70km) IKEA in Sevilla, but after reading general reviews on Trustpilot and elsewhere on the internet, we are somewhat wary. We like the sofas, and particularly the ability to buy additional cover sets, so that spilt milk and dust from the winter log burner can be easily cleaned……

The flat-pack sofas are even singly far too large for our Sportage and we are not inclined to hire a self-drive van, but that could be an option. Having downloaded the instructions, we have decided that we can assemble the sofas ourselves, so that is not an issue; and it seems that we can pay a few euros extra, so that the delivery people can take away the large old sofas…… And we are inclined to pay using a UK credit card to give us Section 75 protection

So, to the point - does anyone on here have any shareable experience of the delivery process from IKEA, and particularly from the Sevilla store please? The young man in the ‘sofa department' was very reassuring that all would be well, that we could arrange and that he could guarantee a specific delivery date, that the delivery would be by IKEA staff and not by a third-party company, that it did not matter that our house was in the campo (we could meet their van at a local venta car park), that none of the reviews related to the Sevilla store (true), and that all would be well……. And his colleague on the main Customer Service desk equally convincingly said the same. But we still feel uneasy…..

Any thoughts welcomed

Thank you in advance

Vincent

@vinuela vinny

Why are you wary? Because of delivery issues or quality issues? Or stealing your money issues? :-)

Jysk (the poor man's IKEA, I guess) and IKEA are both quite sizable and reputable outlets. As far as I know, if you order online it's a central order, fulfilled from whichever warehouse/location they deem appropriate. Going to a specific store, and asking them to deliver seems like a retrograde step to me. But if they say it's no problem, I'd probably believe them.

I've had stuff delivered by both, in several countries. So I think they have their logistics sorted. I wouldn't dream of going there and buying any big items and lugging them back myself... those days are way back in the pre-internet age! (Actually, I won't even go and collect small items, but I'm bone idle.) The delivery charge is very reasonable, and it's a LOT easier.

If you can pay extra to deliver to your door (rather than the street), it's usually worth it.

I like their stuff, and I've never had any issues. If you're happy to assemble, it's usually a very decent option.

If you're wary, I would suggest it is good to try their sofas first at one of their stores. But, these days, there is usually plenty of reviews/feedback to guide you.

Our Elche apartment has a Jysk sofa with chaise. It's very nice, especially for the money. But I won't pretend it's the best sofa in the world. :-)