Rules for type B and type L card

Did any one applied for type B or type L card in 2023?

If yes can you please share eligibility criteria and your experience.

@Adarsh P   5 years uninterrupted stay, You have to show 5 years of Work - individual rekening payslips of last 5 years.

@eshwarraj09 is paying social security for complete 5 years needed? In my case it's 4.5 years with no social security and then I moved to local contract so social security paid only for last 6 months

@Adarsh P when you were not on a local contract, were you on secondment (deputation) ? OR does your company have an office here and your pay slips were coming with their address?.

I applied for an L card.

Made an appointment with the city hall to check when I would be eligible to apply because every other person would give you a different start date. The city hall mentioned its the day you receive your Annex ** once you register on first arrival in Belgium. (not the start date mentioned on your RP).

During my 5 year stay in Belgium, I also changed to a local contract. So the eligibility of the 5 year period like should you be paying 5 year social security, or 4/5 year on local contract or 5 years uninterrupted work in a company...is at the total discretion of Brussels.

I was asked to submit:

Last 3 months pay slips

Employment contract

Residence Permit

Mutuality certificate

Police certificate

Passport

Then, got an email that the documents were submitted to Brussels and a follow-on appointment dated 5 Months+1 day to check the status of the L card.

If I get my L card in the coming months (without issues :) ), will update this post.

Hi, do both of you guys have updates? How did that go?

@BMM996210 any update for your case? in which commune you applied? i applied in antwerp and after 3 months i got email article16bis indicating that my application is forwarded to ibz and it can take another 5months.

@hssn601 Did they indicate why it took three months to get the 16bis? Did you have to go in person to apply for the L card, or could you do it by email?

@hssn601 Did they indicate why it took three months to get the 16bis? Did you have to go in person to apply for the L card, or could you do it by email?

-@masstonsils0e

You can only apply for l card from website in antwerp, on their website they mention that there's a backlog and it can take 5 months.