Belgium Visit visa convert to spouse visa

I was applied spouse visa of Belgium recently From vfs new delhi. I was check my status of visa on IBZ website they appearing my status is RJECT.

Decision date - 28 Feb 2023

The official reject email has not yet arrived.

Can I go to Belgium for 3 months on a tourist visa and reapply for a family reunification visa from there? , is it appropriate and can I convert the visa to Visa D during those 3 months?

Its very unadvisable thing to do. Your file is already present in the database of the embassy, and basically the consular department will have a right to reject your tourist application because of obvious intention to change tourist status to permanent immigration

More, even if you will get Schengen visa from other EU member state and come to Belgium you will be, theoretically able to claim the spouse visa at the commune(municipality) where you partner lives, but you must prove exception circumstance why are you doing that, instead of asking at own country, like law says

More, even if you will be able to apply from municipality, the file will go to the same department who has already rejected it, so chances are low

The right course of action would be to appeal a decision-if you spouse is already in Belgium it is advisable that he will handle all appeals from within Belgium, through many channels

Alternatively you can try shortcutting through some other EU member state, where immigration rules for family reunification are less strict, but then your partner should relocate there and ask residency there first

Yours, Nicholas

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : solicitation
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@S chassie this will give you more problems in the future run. It would be better to wait for the rejection reason and then reapply for it.

Basically if you can get a 90d visa C, you'll have enough time to get married / have the celebration done.

The process is exactly the same as for the spouse visa, it's just that you do it from Belgium and you're not seperated.

Never forget that a spouse / legal cohabitation visa is just a 90d visa c.... with special BNL code in it, but nobody care about that...

And once you get your F card, nobody will never care anyway...

But to do that, you must have a perfect file, which is not the case as you've been denied :cheers:

As your family reunion is rejected, dont try any shortcut. Reapply after fixing the the reason(s) for rejection.

What was the rejection reason after all?

Hello , i have a special case and i would appreciate any help from your side🙏🏻

i actually came to belgium with a single permit / as a volunteer in a organisation for handicaps. My husband is a refugee who just got his Card A - 5 years.

we are trying to apply for a family reunification from inside belgium but they are making it so hard.

is there any way that i can leave my volunteering job and apply for any special case treatment since i am here in belgium?