Tolls from Cherbourg to Bulgaria

I would like to know what change to bring to go through Europe to Bulgaria Can i use my Debit card or do i need Change and how much are Tolls in Europe?

I would like to know what change to bring to go through Europe to Bulgaria Can i use my Debit card or do i need Change and how much are Tolls in Europe?
-@janecaruthers

It depends on what route you take?

If you you drive through Austria there are no tolls, but you have to buy a sticker at the petrol station.

Here is the best Route Planner. Pick a route then come back with what you have chosen.

Tolls usually accept card payment, but it's safer to carry some local currency, just in case.

The sticker is a "vignette". They are a bit of rip-off IMHO (minimum is usually a few days, when you'll be out in a couple of hours), but the fines for not having one are high. I think France, Netherlands, Germany, Serbia, Croatia (?) don't have them. While Austria, Hungary, Slovenia (?), Romania, Bulgaria do.

The EU route goes Hungary-Romania-Bulgaria. You'll be non-EU if you take Hungary (or Croatia)-Serbia-Bulgaria.

Tolls usually accept card payment, but it's safer to carry some local currency, just in case.
The sticker is a "vignette". They are a bit of rip-off IMHO (minimum is usually 3 days, when you'll be out in a couple of hours), but the fines for not having one are high. I think France, Netherlands, Germany, Serbia, Croatia (?) don't have them. While Austria, Hungary, Slovenia (?), Romania, Bulgaria do.

The EU route goes Hungary-Romania-Bulgaria. You'll be non-EU if you take Hungary (or Croatia)-Serbia-Bulgaria.
-@gwynj

Vignette in Austria is......

10 days - €9.90

2 Months - €29.00

1 year - €96.40

This is only for motorways, so if you want to avoid paying it, drive through the back roads.

@janecaruthers

ChatGPT says:

If you're planning to drive from the UK to Bulgaria, there are a few things you should keep in mind in terms of currency and tolls.

Firstly, Bulgaria uses the Bulgarian lev (BGN) as its currency, so you will need to exchange your British pounds (GBP) for Bulgarian lev when you arrive. You can exchange your currency at banks, exchange offices, or ATMs in Bulgaria. Some larger stores and hotels may also accept major credit cards.

When it comes to tolls, the fees can vary depending on which countries you're driving through and which roads you're using. In general, most European countries have electronic toll collection systems that allow you to pay using a debit or credit card. However, it's a good idea to carry some cash with you as a backup, especially if you're driving through rural areas.

To get an idea of the toll fees in different countries, you can check out websites like TollGuru or ViaMichelin. These sites allow you to input your route and vehicle information to get an estimate of the toll fees you'll encounter on your journey.

It's also worth noting that some countries require you to purchase a vignette or road tax sticker in advance. For example, in Bulgaria, you'll need to purchase a vignette to use the country's highways. You can buy these stickers at border crossings, gas stations, or online in advance. The price of the vignette will depend on how long you plan to stay in Bulgaria and which type of vehicle you're driving.

Overall, it's a good idea to do some research and plan ahead when it comes to currency exchange and tolls. This will help ensure that you have a smooth and hassle-free journey.

You Sir are a beautiful Person Thanks for helping me