Job Search for new Ex-Pat

Hi Guys,

I hope you're all well.

I plan to move Vietnam, more than likely Ho Chi Minh in august this year.

My Girlfriend is a Business teacher here in the UK will continue this in Vietnam. I have six years of sales experience within the automotive and energy sector. I also have a Bsc in Music Technology and spent three months at camp America in New York,

I guess I would just like to put the feelers out about possible employment routes. although sales is my passion and something I excel in I would be keen to go down the teaching road as well, I understand that because I have a degree this would enable me to teach at kindergarten or intermediate English level.

Any advice on the best routes of employment, tips on finding jobs and any general advice for someone who is in the early stages of becoming an expat would be greatly appreciated.

thank you so much for your help and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sean

Hi Guys,

I hope you're all well.

I plan to move Vietnam, more than likely Ho Chi Minh in august this year.

My Girlfriend is a Business teacher here in the UK will continue this in Vietnam. I have six years of sales experience within the automotive and energy sector. I also have a Bsc in Music Technology and spent three months at camp America in New York,

I guess I would just like to put the feelers out about possible employment routes. although sales is my passion and something I excel in I would be keen to go down the teaching road as well, I understand that because I have a degree this would enable me to teach at kindergarten or intermediate English level.

Any advice on the best routes of employment, tips on finding jobs and any general advice for someone who is in the early stages of becoming an expat would be greatly appreciated.

thank you so much for your help and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sean
-@seanmulhearn

Welcome

Take your time and read previous posts, that will give you a good answer. 

Sean
-@seanmulhearn

The best "route" for you is to marry your girlfriend.

Then she will be able to apply to sponsor you for a TRC (Temporary Resident Card) based on the TRC she will obtain (based on her legal employment).

Otherwise, you will be limited to 30-day tourist eVisas or 15 day visa exemptions (for UK citizens), both requiring visa border runs exiting and re-entering the country to obtain a new,, legal period of permission to remain in Vietnam.

Alternatively, you would need to find your own legal employment entitling you to your own separate TRC.

If you are married and on a TRC based on your wife's employment, it's then "possible" to be hired for some jobs without needing special government approval (only official employment registration)***.

(*** my reading of current immigration law indicates this is possible but someone else may have contradictory information)

Meanwhile, you can browse some job openings in Vietnam on this website (link) or check out vietnamworksDOTcom/en

Good luck!

With a population of 100 million, there's not much of a labor shortage in Việt Nam, and there's a lot of red tape involved with hiring foreigners, so your opportunities may be limited.

On the other hand, there is a bit of a teacher shortage for some reason. However, most of those jobs, you don't want... unless you're really good with small children.

Anywayz, you should prepare your CV and send it to companies that advertise job openings on the internet.

There is a jobs section on this site where you can post your CV and apply to companies. There's actually an ad for Sales Rep that mentions "Work permit (if required)" and a couple of teaching jobs, of course:

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/vietnam/

Also, search for "Vietnam Teaching Jobs" and "Vietnam Works English", two websites with job ads.