Spanish Speaking Classes

I thought there was already a thread regarding Spanish speaking classes but, looking through a bunch of threads, I didn't see it.

I went yesterday and spoke with an employee at the Ministerio de las Relaciones Exteriores about Ecuadorian naturalization.

I thought that one could get a waiver from the Spanish language interview if one was as old as I am (78 years old), but found out that the waiver does NOT include being able to opt out of an interview in Spanish.

I had heard that Spanish "fluency" means being able to speak Spanish at the high school level. 

1)  Does anyone know if this is true regarding completing a Spanish fluency interview for Ecuadorian naturalization.

I took two years (four semesters) of university Spanish, making "A's" and I can speak Spanish well enough to get my needs met.  However, I have impaired hearing and wear bilateral hearing aids.  So, conversational Spanish is much more difficult for me than merely speaking what I need.  Many times, I don't even understand English (my primary language) without asking for what is said to be repeated! 

2)  Does anyone have recommendations for effective Spanish classes or Spanish speaking groups such that I can reach fluency at the high school level?

Thanks for any and all help. . . .

Life is challenging enough that after a certain age

it's fair to question why someone would add

unnecessary additional challenges.

Given the circumstances described above, why would

you take on this challenge when you already have

a residence permit?  What benefit do you perceive

you would receive from the government by meeting

the requirement for citizenship?  Are you intending

to renounce your original citizenship upon receiving

an Ecuadorian passport?

cccmedia