Business visa

Hello members of the Expat Community in Thailand,

Canadian entrepreneur here, with linguistic solutions (search engines, data, information harmonization).

I'd want to stay a few months prospecting and demo'ing my company's products, but can't do that within one month, and as a tourist.

I read that in order to obtain a business visa, I must have a letter from a Thailand-based company. I have contacted companies earlier, from Canada, but replies come slowly.

Is there another way to contact companies, Chamber of Commerce, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Gerard L.

@AGLV0121 555 (that's means ha ha ha).

Sorry, don't mean to be a ***, but the business visa is difficult to come by, and the processing time is as long as you need it for...

I'm going to send you a private reply with a possible solution.

You're obviously new to Thailand, so I'm not going to run down all the types of visas and what they allow you to do and what they don't allow you to do, the business organizations, what you can do and what you can't do.

By all means get in contact with a lawyer/agent (one that deals with Expats) and talk about what you want to do - but be very careful who you pay as they will say yes yes yes and take your money, but then you get reported and deported.  If I may say so, if you think that there is any need/want for liguistic data harmonisation in Thailand, then IMO you are very much mistaken. Try European countries mate.