Case in bahrain

My friend did not know that she was pregnant, she got miscarriage and went to the hospital and the hospital called the police and she and her partner got detained for 12 days and was released. The police told her and her partner to come to the police station once a week to give their signature for 3 weeks. Her concern is, does that mean the case against them was dropped or dismissed? By the way the case was in public prosecutor. They didn't go to the court.

Getting pregnant out of wedlock is illegal. However the law is only applied in the case of a birth or abortion / miscarriage.

It doesn't mean that the case is dropped. They may choose to prosecute her and her partner.

I would suggest to get a lawyer immediately as this can go had very quickly...... Ie jail and deportation.

@XTang  The prosecutor told her that she will undergo medical test and if it is proven that she did not take any abortion pills, they will let her go(free). Now, she checked online and the case status is showing under investigation at public prosecution. Does that mean they can detain her again if something comes up? and why they got released from the prison in the first place?

Look, I told you, get a lawyer.

If she took abortion pills, it would be bad. Even if she didn't, it depends on public prosecution desire to put a case. What she did is illegal in Bahrain. The miscarriage gives them enough legal grounds to prosecute. They may or may not but get a lawyer before it goes out of control.

Don't analyze it yourself. If you want advice listen to what I am telling you. I have seen many cases......and they have gone either way ie either release with dropped charges or jail and deportation. For similar issues as your friend.

The choice is yours. But remember this, once a case is filed, don't come back to the forums and ask for what to do as at that time, nothing can be done.  I have seen this a hundred times.

@XTang Thank you for your reply and i appreciate it. Yes she already have a lawyer.

@XTang Thank you for your reply and i appreciate it. Yes she already have a lawyer.

Now I'm in the same situation.  But my boyfriend has already returned to the country.  I was working and had a miscarriage.  I would like to ask how the police will proceed with the case.

Better to hire a lawyer and seek advice, we cannot advise legally.