Cycling in the north

My wife and I are keen e - mountain bikers and would like to know if there are any good trails in the north. We will be moving later in the year and want to know if it is worth bringing our e-bikes.

Every time I go back to Mauritius, I am tempted to do just what you are proposing.  My wife and I both have Sondors (fat tire for me and thin for her) and we have done 100 mile day trips in the Bay Area.  Then I remembered that Mauritius is a really small island.  Here are my reasons that I have not brought the bikes: 1. e-bikes are heavier than cycling bikes and will cost more to ship by air, 2. you will have to figure out how to carry those from the airport to your home, 3. most rural roads are single lane roads that do not have shoulders for bikes, 4.  I am not sure how many public off-roading parks exist and it is not advisable to ride in the sugar cane fields as those are private lands, and 5. I would run out of trails to try very quickly.  Finally, I am not very confident about how to handle riding on a road that is shared with busy traffic - which would be stressful.  In summary, I have decided to rent locally for the one or two events that I would join as a group - and focus on enjoying the experience and view.  Let me know if you have a different experience as this is something that I really would like to do too...

Thanks. From my trips.to Mauritius i tend to agree and i am a very nervous road rider for the reasons you mention - hence the mountian bike / off road preference