Work in Germany

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently living in France for the study and I have a student residence permit in France , My question is can I move to Germany for work and get a residence there?

Thank You

Hello Sarmad Issac,

Welcome on board !

Your France residence permit (student) is a permit issued by the France authorities to stay and study in France.

You will need a new residence permit issued by Germany to be able to work and stay in Germany.

Regards

Bhavna

Thank you for your reply dear,

Is it possible to change the residence permit from France to Germany if I find a job there?

Thank you for your reply dear,
Is it possible to change the residence permit from France to Germany if I find a job there?
-@Sarmad Issac

There is no such thing as an exchange or changing. You will have to line up a job with an employer in Germany willing to do the extra effort, cost and risk of recruiting a non-EU person. With their cooperation you apply for the German work visa. This is usually limited to people with highly demanded skills but there are currently changes being made to simplify such things. But just having studied in France gives you no specific advantage over any other non-EU person. A French citizen has a right to work in Germany; a non-citizen French resident doesn't.

And for the vast majority of jobs in Germany one needs a high level of German language. Some fields, like most associated with medicine and health care, have legal requirements. Physicians need a C1 and nurses and physiotherapists need a B2 level of German. I would not necessarily assume an Iraqi who studied in France would speak German? Speaking English and/or French can be good in addition but is rarely sufficient as an alternative to fluent German although there are exceptions in some specific fields.

Hello, is there anyone who have recently applied for job seekers visa germany, as I am planning to apply.

1. I am confuse if my degree is comparable to Germany higher education. I already did anabi and my result is: my university H+/- and my course TECHNICAL School, is this good or bad. Background I am a filipino national, degree holder of Business Administration major in Management with experience in admin., sales, accounts job.
  2. Insurance - do I need to buy the before application or after the application has been approve.
  3. Is there an job opportunity for my field, because I know the in demands are in health care, teaching and engineering. 

Any inputs is highly appreciated. Thank you

Hello, is there anyone who have recently applied for job seekers visa germany, as I am planning to apply.

I am confuse if my degree is comparable to Germany higher education. I already did anabi and my result is: my university H+/- and my course TECHNICAL School, is this good or bad. Background I am a filipino national, degree holder of Business Administration major in Management with experience in admin., sales, accounts job.
Insurance - do I need to buy the before application or after the application has been approve.
Is there an job opportunity for my field, because I know the in demands are in health care, teaching and engineering.

Any inputs is highly appreciated. Thank you
[email protected]

A job Seeker visa is one of the most complicated one's to get. Usually one has to have some years of experience in their field. And officials really look at one's chances to get a job. Is there a great demand for their skills? Like you noted; health care, teaching,  engineering also IT are all in demand. Business administration and sales not so much unless one has an amazing resume in some specialized area.

But the other factor is language. For the vast majority of professional jobs one will minimally need a  B1, but more likely a B2, level of German. Some jobs like a physician require C1. Fluent English is good, if not sometimes needed, in addition but rarely as an alternative. Unless you already have a high level of German your chances are very slim. And most jobs where a company would be willing to take the risk on recruiting a foreigner will be found easier online. The whole idea of a job seeker visa in the age of internet is rather outdated and rarely cost effective.