Turkey Middle East or Europe

Hi All

i would like to bring this point that where do you think Turkey belong ? Middle East or Europe

in most of website Turkey located under Europe page but in this site claim to be Middle East country which is not Right

i know it is not big issue but also not right

Specially Foreigners who (had visit or live) live in Turkey please share you ideas i really wonder

Cheer

Turkey belongs to Turkish people ?

Wikipedia says it's an Eurasian country, located between Europe and Asia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey

any thoughts ?

yes it is true ,Turkey between Asia and Europe but should be Middle East country ?

Julien wrote:

Turkey belongs to Turkish people ?

Wikipedia says it's an Eurasian country, located between Europe and Asia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey

any thoughts ?

who cares?

Thats the problem: its neither European nor middle eastern.

According to the language,traditions,people's character Turkey is Asian country.Geographically it can be Asian,European and Middle Eastern.It is sure that Turkey is not European.As people caracter there is similarities to some Asian countries and some Middle East countries as Iran,Syria,Lebanon.In Iran 40% of the population is Turkish.Being similar to Syria,Lebanon the deciding factor is the religion.The religion form,change the culture,tradition.
In conclusion,Turkey is not a Middle East country.It is wrong.It must be Asian.

It is very easy to be seen, if we look at any map Turkey is in the middle of Europe, Asia and "Middle East" but on the other hand the living style is depend on where we are talking about. If we are talking about the west coast then it is European if we are talking about the north coast it is European+Asian if we are talking about the south coast it is European and if we are talking about the east side then it is more Middle Eastern. Conclusion to this is very difficult as it seems it has all cultures within it which makes it not easy also for the people living within.

All regions in Turkey have different caracteristics.I think and everybody can accept no doubt Izmir is the  most European city as style of life,mentality.Really very different from other cities.I like them.South part even if it is touristic place,local people is very inside their parents.It is strange,but they are closed not in the sense of clothing.Central of Turkey and Nord Turkey's people also are very closed like the Asian people as Japan,Korea,China.They are traditional.But they are opened also from some parts.They like to know other,different cultures and they like to travel.From this side they have similarities to Chinese who make China Towns in all over world.In foreign countries Turkish people live in their community.This is very similar to 3 Asian people: China,Korea,Japan who make their town when they have a sufficient persons.These are the cultural side to decide the place of Turkey.But we are unique.We have something similar to every culture.
One of the differences between the regions is also economic development degrees of the regions.Developped cities are more European than others.But even if Izmir is not more developped than Istanbul,it is more European.
But I think that the question which we have to ask is this:
If Turkey was located for example geographically in the middle of Europe could be considered as European country?
What are the criterians to determine the place of a country in the world?
After the replies of these questions,we can decide better.
But it is sure that we are not a Middle East country.But where are we?In Europe or Asia?

Middle East,  is a gographical region, Europe and Asia are continents.

If the center of the world is Uk, Turkey is a Middle East country, geographically.

IStanbul  culturally belongs to Europe.Istanbul's history, empires on it..

Geographically Turkey can be in Asia, but i dont think we are similar to them, our cultures, appearances. For example  Azerbejcan, we are not so similar. There are a lof ot Turks Kurts in other Middle East countries but Istanbul is different.

These are my opinions, i did not go any of that countries.

Also, TUrkey joins the international football league from Europe groups but that is not a thing because even South Cyprus and Israel join there too.

Furthermore, South Cyprus is a member of European Union , so Turkey is in Europe.

Turkey is the European country in Middle East.

ons101 wrote:

No, it is known as being part of the middle east, and just the most western part of the middle east

Actually i agree with your point of view that Turkey is part of the Middle East, unless it joins the European Union then we can consider it part of Europe!

Turkey is geographically an Eurasian country BUT it is politically an European country.I think it shouldn't be located under the Middle East category.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so … _in_Europe

TurkeyForever wrote:

It is very easy to be seen, if we look at any map Turkey is in the middle of Europe, Asia and "Middle East" but on the other hand the living style is depend on where we are talking about. If we are talking about the west coast then it is European if we are talking about the north coast it is European+Asian if we are talking about the south coast it is European and if we are talking about the east side then it is more Middle Eastern. Conclusion to this is very difficult as it seems it has all cultures within it which makes it not easy also for the people living within.

Clever explanation :top:

definitely you are right , that's also my point

don moe wrote:
ons101 wrote:

No, it is known as being part of the middle east, and just the most western part of the middle east

Actually i agree with your point of view that Turkey is part of the Middle East, unless it joins the European Union then we can consider it part of Europe!

It is simply both. An example I live in Egypt, its African and Middle Eastern.

i think so :) Turkey is european, asian and middle eastern country.it makes us more powerfull!