What is the price of land for a foreigner ?

Hello

My name is Michel. I am a cook and I would like to live and work in Palawan.

On internet, I found

1) the amount of rent of housing located on this island.

2) the amount of real estate located on this island.

But, on the internet, I was unable to find the respective answer to the following two questions :

1) What is the average price of a 1,000 square meter or one acre or one hectare building lot ( any of these will do for me ), located around a small village in Palawan that is far from the sea and is far from the major cities in Palawan, in 2023, for a foreigner who wants to buy it legally for 25 years ?

2) What is the average monthly rent of a land in the same location and of the same area, in 2023 ?

My objective is to know if I have the budget to carry out my professional project in Palawan by buying or renting a land.

Thank you.

Best regards

Michel

Foreigners cannot own land. They only can lease.

Thank you for your reply.

Why have foreigners written on this forum that they "bought" land in the Philippines for a term of "25 years" or for a term of "2 x 25 years" ? Is a 25 or 50 year lease cheaper than a monthly lease ?

@michelsergent2008

It's not buying, bur leasing for a definite period of time. Ownership, and thus the title, does not change.

For any foreigner?....wwaayy tooo much!

Welcome to the forum michel.

Price of a property depends on location, location, location and how much a buyer is willing to pay for it. A non-filipino citizen cannot own land in the Philippines, however, if you have a legal business entity in the philippines, the business can own the land. There are conditions the business will have to abide by for it to own the property. i.e. % ownership.

You can lease the land if you find one that fits your criteria. Same with buying, the rent depends on location, location, location and how much a renter is willing to pay.

Just like in any country, it will be very hard the know the average prices without having a specific property address. Sometimes property prices can vary a lot within a few blocks.

Real estate sales in the Philippines is not organized. You cannot tell which price and location of the property from the internet. Best to go there, look around, talk to people whether local or expats.

In 2019, I found a beachfront property on the island of Tablas in Romblon. The 'for sale' sign was a 5 x 16 inch cardboard on the fence. I stopped my hired vehicle and talked to the owner. After a few weeks, I called the owner (I was already back in the US), it was sold.

All the best to you.

Thank you very much.

So, if I understand you correctly, some foreigners are renting a house or land in the Philippines, with a lease term of 25 years, paying a monthly rent or paying a large sum once, because

1) they want to start a business on that land or in that house.

2) they do not want to move for several years.

Michel

Welcome to the forum michel.
Price of a property depends on location, location, location and how much a buyer is willing to pay for it. A non-filipino citizen cannot own land in the Philippines, however, if you have a legal business entity in the philippines, the business can own the land. There are conditions the business will have to abide by for it to own the property. i.e. % ownership..
-@Jackson4

1f44d.svg

Finaly anyone else than I say correct   :)

(The max owning land for foreigner through business is 40 %.  Foreigners can have max 40 % of the vptes, so there is a risk to get voted down though.)

Thank you very much.
So, if I understand you correctly, some foreigners are renting a house or land in the Philippines, with a lease term of 25 years, paying a monthly rent or paying a large sum once, because
1) they want to start a business on that land or in that house.
2) they do not want to move for several years.

Michel
-@michelsergent2008

Renting and leasing sound similar but are some different concerning laws.  E g at leased land foreigner can OWN WHOLE buildings.

Leasing is common for longer time than  renting. Now its max 25+25 years, politicians have disscussed to skip that max, but I dont know if they reached any change agreement.

(If the agreement dont tell else) both are undepending of if for business,  just living or a mix.

I kind of own land in inland Palawan as well as own part of businesses ther. (I have an other solution myself, which make I cant get voted down in business, but have other pros and cons than the normal.)

My business partner can assist you too, I suppouse for a fee, as well as I can assist you concerning legalities as well as which businesses can be profitable (which I have researched 10 years concerning the Philippines.  I make you a personal message.

@michelsergent28

A Hectare is 10000 square meters.

So big a plot could be expensive.

@michelsergent28
A Hectare is 10000 square meters.
So big a plot could be expensive.
-@Rammers

Not much in places OP ask for.

E g at HIGHWAY there are land for sale for 400 000 PESOS per hectare,

highway in walking distance to beach 500 000.

And away from highway I have bought for even less with much values at the land included.   At such its realy buyers market. Before we bought, we asked ONE and soon got around 20 offers just from the baranggay and a neighbour baranggay  Good lots dont have hard to find interested but few of them have money.  Selfish thinking I hope that will continue close to where I started, so I can buy up all the lots I want from future profits   :)    But there are a lot similar deals in other baranggays/municipalies than "mine".

@coach53

Finaly anyone else than I say correct 

'Nurse get doc to increase the dosage'

To coach53, as a foreigner, being unable to own property in the Philippines hurts their economy. Very few foreign investments.  This also includes not being able to be a majority owner of a business you started and invested in. With SSRV, you can purchase a condo, but from my research, your choices are limited. Condos and complexes must be occupied by 60% Filipinos, which may impact board members' meetings for the building or community. Previous SSRV investments already took up all the good condos, so your choices may be limited. My wife and I worked hard in the US for thirty years to build a home in the Philippines. So even though I cannot technically own it, I can legally inherit it. Laws are tricky here, as in the US, so I would do more research before spending more money under the wrong impression.