Taxes in Tunisia

Hello. I am interested to move to Tunisia permanent. I have a yearly income/pension of 12.000 Euros. Do I have to pay taxes and if how much. I would be renting.

@artandnaturefound

Hello there..

if your pension and or income is taxed in Germany, it probably won't be taxed again in Tunisia.. as Tunisia has tax treaty with EU and many countries around the world. Individual income tax rates in Tunisia varies from 0% - 35%, depends on the total income. There are CPAs and tax professionals in Tunisia, who can help with your taxation needs both locally and in your own country of origin.

One piece of advice.. it's always better to buy a small property rather than renting it as long as you can afford it..! 🙏😊

@kuriako

Thanks for the reply. In Germany you don't pay taxes on this kind of minimum pension.

@artandnaturefound

Wow.. I didn't realize that..! 🙏

I many countries such as United States, you file annual taxes regardless of income. The best recommendation for your case would be, to consult a tax professional when you become a permanent resident in Tunisia. Because filing taxes affects immigration procedures in most countries including Tunisia.

Good luck.