Canada's Express Entry Pool and Portal Backend Age Code

Hello,

I've considered relocating to Canada for a couple of years now, thinking to purchase a home there, and do business/work. I also come highly skilled, executive level as a director currently, being in C-Suite previously. I have my masters degree from an accredited University, which W.E.S. has verified my post secondary credentials for Canadian Immigration. I work in tech management. And so, currently, my NOC would be 20012. I have an express entry score for the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) of 371.

Note: On Jan 11th, 2023, the Pool pull for invites shows over 70k for scores within 351-400. Hence, proving they do invite profiles with that score range that I fall within. There is an age limit also for Skilled Work Program, which is 55 years of age. I am currently 49. I also know someone who only had a Bachelors with a decade's less experience than I, and was 34 at time of being invited from the Pool. His score was 330.

And so, you will see for a CRS score of 371 and that I'm still under the cut off age of 55, I shouldn't have a problem to apply to be placed in the pool like any other. However, it will not allow my application to proceed. When I do the "eligibility online form" to get the "personal reference code", it states that "Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry" then gives me the suggestion to create a profile, which I have done. Then states that to apply online, I will need this personal reference code: {1}, but I cannot do anything with this to submit. It does nothing and still won't allow me to proceed in an application without having either a job offer or provincial nomination. Yes, I've made recent efforts on those two actions, btw - if it to be asked.

Personal point: I don't want to wait on a job offer to make my life goal happen here. I'm an actions person. I do wonder why would 'what I have to offer' be blocked? And so, my curiosity got the best of me, and I investigated further as to why.

I scheduled with and paid for time with an Immigration Lawyer on the matter. I was then informed by her that due to my age, on the backend of the portal it is programmed to boot me out. No one knows this is a thing from the frontend. The public and/or applicants won't know this is what is causing that "block." This in turn won't even allow us, who are over 44 years of age, into the "Pool." It is a "behind-the-scenes" fact that she and other immigration lawyers are aware of. She also shared with me that some of them have made a case to the Canadian Immigration chapter to address this, and stop preventing or making it harder for highly skilled workers with "Executive Level" experience from coming into Canada. She expressed that this demographic of immigrants Canada also desperately needs to help in the economic balance.

I few questions for the forum:

• If anyone else has encountered this?
  • Does anyone know about this coding?
  • Is there any word yet if they will lift it to honor the 55 threshold?
  • Does anyone happen to know if there is a work-around, besides the obvious 'job offer' or 'province nomination'?

Thanks!