Skin cancer / actinic karatoses

being very pale skinned I get a lot of early skin cancers I have 4 at the moment and there always popping up, I was living in Spain before coming here and made a trip to the dermatologist every 6months or earlier if I had a particularly problematic early cancer,  all the doctors I saw treated me with Freezing  using liquid nitrogen as is recommended by Mayo clinic and it gives an instant result. ( and yes I do apply suntan lotion)

In Punta Cana area I've been to two dermatologists and they say they don't use this freezing method one I've stuck with has had me put some cream on the keratoses for 2 weeks which burns the skin and I need to go back to then have acid applied to it, so what used to take one visit to doctor in Spain now takes 2to 3 weeks and 2 to 3 doctor visits. I trust and prefer the less time consuming freezing method.

my question is does anyone know of a dermatologist preferably in the Punta Cana/ Bavaro area that will freeze the keratoses with liquid nitrogen ?

save all this messing around.

Freezing. Your doctor may destroy actinic keratoses and some small, early skin cancers by freezing them with liquid nitrogen (cryosurgery). The dead tissue sloughs off when it thaws.

I hope you find someone there! I need similar in Santo Domingo and will ask the same question here.

many thanks for the message If I can't find that treatment here I will happily go to Santo Domingo 👍🏻

please keep me updated on your quest

Hi friends,

I as wellwill to see one as I.am starting to see spots on my face.

thanks

Iff you Google Dr Huberto Bogaert Diaz they have 6 locations and they specify that they perform cryosurgery, which is the use of LN2 liquid Nitrogen.

the nearest one to me is only 1 hour or so.

looms like I answered my own question 🤣🤣🤣

Awesome great job!  Benefits all of us!

Yes... great to know

morning all,

I am here at Instituto Dermatologo Dominicano to see the Doctor per last thread. it is at the hood and the line is long at 6 am, they open at 7 am. so if you come bring your patience

That's sad to hear...... no appointments ?

That is connected to the public hospital.  Lets see if he has another office!

Yes it is, out of packet for visit 200 pesos, laser for spots 4500 pesos roughly 80 bucks.

i guess as long as it is not cancer cells the laser would do. is very inexpensive.

once one pass the big line to enter is not bad as we all go to our respective areas.

will have session wed morning.

Doc told me i have to use spf and not oils as i have done my entire life lol.

when she first looked at my face/skin, she said you are not from here u r too white, l that cracked.me up.